Announcing a Nano spey-clave - 19 Oct

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Luv2Spey, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Jim Jenkins

Jim Jenkins New Member

Are boaters welcome too?

I just bought a new jet boat and taking a couple friends fishing on the Snohomish R. on Saturday. If there’s enough water to get up above the Monroe bridge on the Sky would like to stop by. I will have and use my fly rod (single handed) on this trip but I also have “other” types of fishing equipment to use. You have to be careful about what you say on this board or the “holier than thou” types get their feather all ruffled. I fish on both sides of the fence and don’t need preached too! I also don’t answer to anyone on this board, just the big guy upstairs (and my wife). Don’t worry though, I am a firm believer in C&R for all trout including wild steelhead, period! But salmon are fair game, anything goes. If anyone has a problem with this I will not stop by.
    Jim J.

2. Bart

Bart New Member

I'll be there with a one-hander. Sounds like a good chance to learn some new techniques and meet a few more of y'all. Bart

3. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Hello all. I too was thinking about attending. I've one once seen a guy in the river with a spey rod. I know little about them. I was also thinking about bringing the old lavro drift boat and launching at cracker bar and drifting back down to ben howard. I'll just sit on the oars and let whoever fish the whole way. let me know. YT

4. Luv2Spey

Luv2Spey Member

Are boaters welcome too?

How you get to the nano-clave is irrelevant. Boats are cool. My hope is that this is just a way for a bunch of folks who share a common interest in spey casting to get together, fatten up on Krispy Kremes, and share with and learn from each other.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Michael

5. Jim Jenkins

Jim Jenkins New Member

Are boaters welcome too?

Agreed, hopefully I'll see you there. If I can get the boat up there, that is. This is my first jet sled so need to learn the water a bit.
    Jim J

6. shockedalaskan

shockedalaskan New Member

Home Page:
    While you all were eating doughnuts and playing it cool,...

I was....

Actually fishing! Imagine that!

p