Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Announcing, "The ’08 O.P. Bash"

27K views 201 replies 67 participants last post by  EMPyre 
#1 ·
Open to any registered member of Washington fly fishing dot com. March 24 thru March 31. I will be there Monday thru Friday. All past survivors will be swinging thru all that week through the weekend. To all future participants, we are going with a “Show me your grill” theme.
----------------
Zen Piscator ; Mark Bové ; John Hicks ; Salmo_g ; Ringlee ; salt dog ; hendersonbaylocal ; bhudda ; Backyard ; Chris Scoones ; Davy ; Porter ; XstreamAngler ; Jerry Daschofsky ; Steelie Mike ; agent montana ; jabseattle ; Evan Burck ; Matt Baerwalde ; Allison ; fishntiethebest ; Tightline ; nomlasder ; rick matney ; Mike Danahy ; Clint F ; William B. ; Jim Wallace ; SteveA ; Roy Evaristo ; Old Man ; Aaron O'Leary ; EMPyre ; hedburner ; spiritualized50 ; greenbucket ; sinktip ; Tyler Speir ; Runejl ; hikepat ; bum'n4trout ; flybill ; hookedonthefly ; k2flyfisher ; ML1 ; seanengman ; molly d ; Riane ; Roy Evaristo

If you're coming, please let Matt or Chris know, or just make it clear you're coming on this thread.

#3 ·
Where do you guys camp/stay?

#4 ·
It's simply a bunch of guys off the board getting together for some fishing / camping on the river for a few days. If you're unfamiliar with the area, might be a good chance to pick some brains or simply follow some others down a stretch of river. Most are coming to float, and while some rivers are not for those new on the sticks the float down to Oxbow is easy.

Come prepared for Oly Pen camping (wet). Bring firewood and beer. If Jerry shows he'll likely bring the bus sized BBQ, but it's camping so be prepared to feed yourself and ensure you have beer. Also, bring beer. I'll have a small generator running for lights for those who would like to get some tying in. If someone has some info on firewood out there, I got a truck to pick it up. I'm thinking a 1/2 chord should do the trick for the week. If anyone has a good sized wall tent it might come in handy.

Who knows what the fire will be like. Really depends on who is there and how fast we're going through the drink. Most this go around are coming to fish first, but getting our party on has been known to happen more often than not and at times it can be lively.

Looks like Oxbow C.G. on the Hoh with Bear Creek C.G. on the Sol Duc as a secondary if too many people show. Shouldn't be a problem though, especially as most of us will be there well before the weekend to reserve a few spots. Staying at the lovely hotel in the lovely town of Forks is an option to consider, I guess.

Oxbow: US 101 between mileposts 176 and 177. Site is E of hwy between road and river. Bear Creek CG: S side US 101 at milepost 206

#6 ·
The Northwest Fly Anglers Annual OP outing is that weekend as well. My brother's flying in from Georgia so I can inflict some winter steelheading on him. We plan on being out there most of that week. Luckily there's plenty of water over there, cuz it sounds like there will be plenty of fishers. I look forward to meeting y'all in person.

#7 ·
I'd like to go, it sounds like fun!

Couple of questions: I'll still be on the bench then (Dr's orders, no wading for a while longer) so are there people with driftboats there? I have a vehicle burly enough to tow a boat if that helps.

Also, I currently only have a 5 weight 5 piece fly rod. I assume that might be inadequate....?

#20 ·
The Hoh has already eaten some boats this year. Lots of wood and the river has changed. Even if you think you know your shit, get out and scout. Better to walk it through then ending up in a log jam.
Have fun.

#16 ·
Of course I will show up with the MONTANA STRIPPER ASSOCIATION portable headquaters. (that's my alaskan slide in camper and a boat with room for one more possibly) and that is the end of my 5 week steelhead mission so I will be smelling great! CFS and clarity dependant but otherwise I'll be there. :beer2:

#18 ·
Love to go, but that's the week before my regional tournament in Battleground, WA. Shit.

Hoping to qualify (i.e. win the regional tourney) so I can get my ass handed to me at the Olympic Team Trials.

Hangovers would not be productive :)

#22 ·
#26 ·
I'll bring my boat, but with the big personal 200 qt beer cooler I carry these days I ain't got no room for riders

Any Oregon riders? I got room for 3 out of the Salem area. I assume I will be outta here and drive friday night

clean ? yeah, sober? questionable at best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.