Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Announcing, "The ’08 O.P. Bash"

27K views 201 replies 67 participants last post by  EMPyre 
#1 ·
Open to any registered member of Washington fly fishing dot com. March 24 thru March 31. I will be there Monday thru Friday. All past survivors will be swinging thru all that week through the weekend. To all future participants, we are going with a “Show me your grill” theme.
----------------
Zen Piscator ; Mark Bové ; John Hicks ; Salmo_g ; Ringlee ; salt dog ; hendersonbaylocal ; bhudda ; Backyard ; Chris Scoones ; Davy ; Porter ; XstreamAngler ; Jerry Daschofsky ; Steelie Mike ; agent montana ; jabseattle ; Evan Burck ; Matt Baerwalde ; Allison ; fishntiethebest ; Tightline ; nomlasder ; rick matney ; Mike Danahy ; Clint F ; William B. ; Jim Wallace ; SteveA ; Roy Evaristo ; Old Man ; Aaron O'Leary ; EMPyre ; hedburner ; spiritualized50 ; greenbucket ; sinktip ; Tyler Speir ; Runejl ; hikepat ; bum'n4trout ; flybill ; hookedonthefly ; k2flyfisher ; ML1 ; seanengman ; molly d ; Riane ; Roy Evaristo

If you're coming, please let Matt or Chris know, or just make it clear you're coming on this thread.

#102 ·
I have my lawyer looking into the dead dude issue. Most states laws state;" all persons must have a PFD readily available" It does not mention living or not ,nor' does it does not define if being dead now puts you in the non-person catagory or not. Personally I would guess that being dead now makes one a non-person , but I do drink alot .

Maybe the fact that it's a another passenger onboard's relative changes things as well. It is Washington after all. You know? Brother or sister , yes still a person, offspring; forsure,,, ex wife or mother in law- never was a person to begin with.

#103 ·
Well big brother is in box and the box is in a bag, one of those tasteful gift bags that you put presents in. Which I thought was pretty weird, but that's what the funeral parlor lady puts the remains in when you get them.A gift bag? Still strange now. Anyway the bag has handles on it so I'm thinking I could tie on a couple of balloons and that should keep him sort of afloat. If not...well burial at sea kinda.

#104 ·
Hey, had a great idea for a floatation vest. Buy a beer koozie, cut it so it opens up, and strap it to the urn. Then you'll have a good floatation device on your brother. :)

#108 ·
Traffic cop; License and regristration please
Headburner; yes sir, can I ask why you pulled me over, sir?
Traffic cop; Drivin' in the HOV lane, alone.
Headburner; but officer, my brother is in the car with me.
TC; Really? is he being invisable today?
HB; No sir! he's right there in the passenger seat.
TC: Really? I suppose your'e going to tell me he's in the fancy little bag then.
HB; Why yes, yes he is in the bag, sir.
TC; Are you sure you aren't the one in "the bag" mister!
HB; Not me sir, haven't touched a drop (pulls the urn out of the bag) see officer, he's in here, I'm takin' him with me to the OP. We are headed to the '08 WFF Bash, an.....
TC; So your'e tellin' me that your borther is in the urn, dead, ashes, and you think that qualifies for the HOV lane?..
HB; Well sorta'
TC; :rolleyes:

LB

#116 ·
Welcome Molly! Tell all your friends about the bash. It looks like every steelheader and wouldbe steelheader is planning to attend or at least drop by. It's probably because of John's keg of beer, because the fishing hasn't been that hot. Skunked yesterday, and the water was perfect.

Sg

#119 ·
Ok, big test tomorrow. Going to be cranking up the new propane smoker/bbq/outdoor oven. If the slow brisket turns out, I may have it in tow for the event. Will pickup a couple briskets and slow cook em'. :)

#121 ·
Sweet! Can I drive down for some taste testing? I'm willing to do my part to help the cause out! :cool:

Can't wait to sample some of the Daschofsky cuisine... I've only heard the raves, but haven't experienced it before!

#123 ·
LOL. I already have my sample people coming over. First brisket in this system, so don't want to have tons try it out. You just never know how something is gonna turn out the first time. But it's looking good so far, put it in at 6am this morning. Just tossed in the baby back pork ribs. They both should be done around 5-6pm. Been doing my hourly basting. So let's hope it turns out. Nice thing, I can do probably about 2-4 10# briskets and about 7-14 slab of ribs at once in this smoker. Only doing one and one for the test. Sure smells good though. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.