Announcing the Spey Clan!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Philster, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

When's the paddling start?

2. Big K1

Big K1 Large Member

3. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Many thanks Kevin, will contact them tomorrow.

And your right about the long drive, somewhere about 8 hours with a few 'dog pee' stops and leg stretchings. Bless Books On Tape!

4. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Holy Smoke,
    A clan with no kilts, never heard of such a thing, and guy's you really nead a Clan Chief, next you will be telling me that there's no drinking .not the kind of Clan gathering we have in the Highlands.
    Hopefully you all will get the chance to come to a Clan Gathering in Chilliwack, with Highlanders ,Kilts some real whiskey, i might even get on that mechanical bull i saw in a bar with the Kilt on, in true highlander style.:beer1:

5. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

ooh, ooh... I wanna join too! I'm willing to assume the position, as long as it only involves no more than 5 guys!

-- Cheers
    -- James

6. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Errr, I posted that last comment to the wrong forum.... :| None the less this spey thing sounds cool, if you don't mind I've love to participate!

7. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

SG, if you've ever seen Aaron's legs you'll know why we're shying away from kilts.bawling:

AND what's with "whiskEy?" You surving Rye up there? Any real scotch drinker knows it's spelled without the 'e.':ray1:

8. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Hummm ... a very long weekend in San Francisco or jail time? I'm still a bit concerned about the "love to participate" choice of words. Think I'll lock the door on the motor home.

JUST KIDDING!!

9. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Fred,
    Never buy whisky, the real stuff is to be had at the distillery......... late at night with some empty bottles a hand drill and a cork bung, an old postie used to fill his bath, and if you ever wanted a drink he would give you a jug and point at the bath, where he had a wash i dont know, must have been in the river.
    Now thats a real WHISKY drinker, and that stuff was bullet proof, like a hairy worm round your heart.:eek: .
    Its the Irish that spell it with an E, anyway looking forward at sometime to meet up with all you Clan guy's.
    Think i have the very double-handed rod for you, o sorry spey rod.:D

10. otter

otter Banned or Parked

"i don't know where you've been, my son, but i see you've won first prize!"

for you kilt-tilters

otter

11. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

SG, I defer to your obvious knowledge. Best single malts I've ever had were 'cast strength.' Most SM's, et. al. are cut with water to get them down to 80 proof (or less if you're in Canada) ... bust cast strenght?

Try up to 150+ proof!ptyd You can't believe how good these single malts can be .. or just how expensive. :rolleyes:

12. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Fred,
    I know what you mean, but there is no point on me putting labels on my bottles, or to give them there proper name (big containers that you can carry and get over a fence with) :D
    Thats the beauty of working on the Spey, a famous beautiful river, loads of rods and lines to try out each week and a whisky trail with 27 distilleries, its just some prefer to visit them later in the evening . ptyd

13. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

So when are you gonna host a meeting of the Spey Clan?

14. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Sloan craven,
    I am hosting one in BC later this year, been working on it for around 8 months now ,the Clan Gathering i am hosting will have Clan Rods as the main sponsor, the last traditional rod maker in Scotland.
    So there will be a few Highlanders, kilt ,whisky, and demo's and a chance to meet up and have a chat with the best in the world,not me i might add, got underhand , distance, grant style and even skagit/scando style covered.
    Also got some great raffle prizes including some collector rods and reels, prizes to the value of $5000.00 .
    I would love to come along to you Washington Clan Gathering but that would need to be next year, you could also thing about having Highland games at the Gathering, the Chief would open the Games by banging his Claymore on his Targe,:eek: (i know it sounds painfull ) but its nor really.
    I was born in a Clan, well you would have to be with the name Macleod.

15. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

What's up with spey guys? Spey Clan this, Spey Clave that... You're like a bunch of junior high girls who can't go pee unless you're in a group :p :p :p :clown: