Anyone Shore Fishing Snohomish River?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by PatrickH, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

It was helpful. You sounded like you were grabbing at straws. Like I said, most people are tight lipped on places. When you talk about spots, it's not just us that see them. This is the internet and thousands read this stuff everyday. You give away someplace juicy, and the next time you go there there are people all over the place.

You almost have to go find your own place. When I lived and fished in Washington, I wasted a lot of gas going around and looking for places to wet a line. I still have most of these places in my head. I stick one out every once in a while to a select few. I sure as hell ain't going to tell the whole world about them.

2. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

oh sorry for not mentioning the Tweakers. just assume that's a given these days.
    if you live closer to the north rivers, i don't think i would waste my time on the snoho.
    just my 2 cents.

3. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

ok thank you.
    I always pick up my trash, even my leader clipping I put in my tackle box.
    For now, I was just looking for common places that most people know about who are from the Snohomish area. I just couldn't find them. All the places I fished at before on the Snohomish river are all gone.

4. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

The Snohomish is the last place I wanna fish, but it's open to salmon now and it's not too far away. Good to know spots for the days you wanna fish somewhere different to.
    The Stilly doesn't open for salmon until Sept 1st and the Fly spot further up has a emergency closure for all fish. I'm introducing my girlfriend to fishing for the first time this year and would like to take her out to get some fish. She just bought gear and hasn't been able to catch a good sized fish yet.

5. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Evan explained it to you in his post. You sound like a giant pussyhole btw.

6. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    wanting a little solitude in an otherwise shit show circus fishery makes me a dick

aplTyler likes this.
  7. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

What's a tackle box?

EDIT: Not being a dick, just a smartass:)

McNasty likes this.
  8. golfman44

golfman44 4-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

Is this a troll post? Asking people for fishing spots then turning around and calling them assholes when they give you advice which included driving directions?

Or am I missing something here...

aplTyler likes this.
  9. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

10. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Actually - I think the poster with all the questions is really young. The driving directions are for his mom - so he better get them right or she's gonna be pissed. Seriously - he seems like a young dude with lots of questions.

11. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    The intent of the question here was impressing the girlfriend. Which is curious given the tidal Snohomish isn't exactly impress-your-date material. By taking you there you are telling her: "This place would be better if I had a boat." Which betrays much more than the fact you don't have a boat.

(alternatively each of you will be thinking the other sorta smells like a combination funk of low tide, creosote, rail-yard diesel, outboard fumes, sewage and woodchips)

Why not take the water taxi to Jetty Island, high tide, no wind, bring some food and wine, uncork your charms at sunset, cast to rollers & keep your proverbial rod and reel out of the sand. Hitch a ride home with strangers, impress them with your and her charms. See if they'll take you out on the boat for round two.

McNasty, Brady Burmeister and smc like this.
  12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Salmon, when they come into fresh water get pretty tight lipped. If your fly isn't right in front of their noses they will ignore it. Also fly fishing for tight lipped salmon is not the easiest thing to do for somebody just starting out. It's not like you go out there, throw out a line and catch a fish.

13. zimdependent

zimdependent New Member

I Fished Bob Heirman Sunday, I got there at 5am and was the last car to have a spot in the lot. Fished untill 12:00. The fish are already all up river said one, another said the fish are all still in the sound.

14. Cuttbow82

Cuttbow82 Active Member

I agree, if I were just starting out, I would find a nice beach access and throw out some saltwater flies. Better chance of having a fish that will actually chase your fly to eat it. I've been on rivers when they are packed with salmon and have them
    totally ignore my offerings.

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

It was at this time of the year when we used to fish the Main Stilly down below Silvana by the cement plant. I believe that they have stuck gates up so you can't get in there to fish. But you used to have to watch out for the Humpies swimming up river where you crossed to get to the other bank. They came in droves.

It's sad the people used these places to dump their garbage so the owners closed down all the good places to fish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.