Anyone Shore Fishing Snohomish River?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by PatrickH, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillbilly Redneck

Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

Old man. Stilly aint open for slimers or any other salmon yet. Although I did see I guy walking through town a bit ago heading for Haller park with his Eagle Claw salmon setup. Easy tickets for the gamies.

zimdependent likes this.
  2. scottr

scottr Active Member

The Sky is open below Lewis Street Bridge now. I would suggest you go up to Monroe and fish down from the bridge.

3. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Excellent advice
    And don't be afraid to get your feet wet!!

4. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I think it's time to give this lad directions to "Cheapskate".

5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Be carefull this is how you end up with kids!!!!!

6. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

"Cheapskate" is just downstream from Douglas Bar. One is a pay fishing spot and the other is free.

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Hey, I haven't been fishing in Washington in 7 or 8 years now. Things get a little fuzzy now and then.

8. PT

PT Physhicist

Welcome to the internet where sarcasm is free of charge. Directions to off the beaten path spots are not free. The lower Sky and Snohomish have very few walk in spots that are flyfisher friendly. Places to fish that aren't well known will not be broadcast on public radio.

Like it or not, that's how it is. Every now and then I'll PM somebody a nugget of info that points them in a promising direction. You won't be one of those people. Good luck!

9. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Dick! :cool:

David Dalan likes this.
  10. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

I use to know of 4 good places I fished at all the time, but now those places are not there anymore.
    This is a fishing community. I wasn't looking for someone secret fishing hole, I was just looking for any place that has good access from the bank or shore to fish. I'm not from Snohomish, so don't go up and down the river all the time and I don't hear about any places from other fisherman.
    I couldn't find a place even after driving up and down the river, but instead of getting help, I get put down because I wasn't able to find a location and I asked for help and I got a bunch of rude smart ass comments and I respond back, and most of you attack me with stupid responses for that and fail to see the reason why I made those comments in the first place..
    No one would have talked to me like that in person asking the same questions, but most of you have nothing better to do that to put people down for your amusement. I find places on my own at all the other rivers, but this one I was having a hard time.. Easy to say there is fishing spots all over when your sitting at the computer, but actually going down there to fish and going to the all so many places is BS unless your fishing on a muddy bank filled with snags and logs while standing in the bushes.
    And I don't need to impress my girlfriend with some trashy river.. I'm just looking for a spot on the Snohomish that I can fish for salmon right now since I have to wait until Sept 1st to fish the stilly.
    Thank you for all the people who did help me and provide a little info to get me going and explore, I will check it out.

11. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

Thank you.

12. Tracy Lauricella

Tracy Lauricella Active Member

I am going to hit the Snohomish at sunrise tomorrow morning. If you have waders and don't mind a little hiking & wading, you are welcome to join me. Send me a PM and I'll send you details of where to meet up.

PatrickH likes this.
  13. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

There are a lot of dicks around here, if that is benchmark. I will happily join that club.

14. PT

PT Physhicist

If I had met you in person and you were questioning me about likely spots and felt entitled to whatever info that I might have, I'd probably tell you the Duwamish is on fire right now and there is great access all over the place. While this is pretty much an open forum, information isn't free. Some people will come across as A-holes, some will be polite, most won't reply, and others will wonder why some guy is getting pissy because he isn't getting what he feels he is owed. The only thing you are owed is..... Nothing. Let me guess. You in your upper teens or early twenties?

Did you try PM'ing anyone and offer up something in return? Offer to keep in on the down low? If so, and you still received the brush off...... well that's life. I've been fishing this area hard for 30 years and have earned 95% of my knowledge on my own. Much of what I get from this site is reading between the lines, learning who fishes where, and occasionally pm'ing fold for a nugget of information. I always state that I completely understand if they don't want to share tips on specific locations or techniques. Nothing is owed to me.

And, like others have stated, if you can't find a spot or two on your own then what do you really expect? Most of that lower river is not conducive to fishing the fly. Most is fishing on a muddy bank filled with snags and logs while standing in the bushes. That is what that river is. There aren't any secrets or special code for those in the know. There may be a spot or two that others don't want to share. It's really not a big deal and certainly isn't something to get all pissy about.

Whether I'm talking to you in person or on the internet doesn't really matter..... Except that posting here is also telling the world about something that maybe I don't even want to tell you in person.

I'm guessing you don't know what it's like to have most of your once secret spots to be not so secret anymore. Small runs of steelhead you used to fish with nobody around to now have multiple cars arrive before daybreak on a weekday with a couple people in each rig. Like most here, I've seen it. Like most, I'm now fishing fringe fisheries because at least I have solitude. Nothing is owed to you. You can still find all the water you want to fish but don't expect it given to you.

The entire first page of this thread was about as courteous as it gets. And you get upset over one comment from Old Man about needing you hand held?

This is a great forum. Read between the lines. Figure out who does what. Contribute more than you receive.

Good luck!

15. PT

PT Physhicist

Here you go.

Nice offer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.