Swap Articulated Steel Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Monkey Salad, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Philster

Philster Active Member

Yeah, I didn't want to sound like a Dick to other swaps I've been in, but I was thinking that I could pretty much just tip the envelope into my vest pocket and go winter steelheading, and maybe wouldn't have the exact fly I wanted, but would be able to fish with confidence by randomly plucking one out of the pocket. I especially like the fact that I don't tie much with Bunny so I have a bunch I would never tie to throw.

2. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Great swap fellas. I like everything I recived. Monkey thanks for the extra, it's very nice.

Charlie I have your tie and I'll be swinymphing it with the others this week.

Thanks!

3. Zach M

Zach M Because I floss so hard

this was actually the first articulated set of flies i have ever tied so i hope they didnt come out to bad but i hope i can get in more swaps with you guys. great job again to everyone

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I'll certainly be more prepared to tie something better next time. I've been replicating a couple of the intruder type patterns the past couple of nights. I got great flies and examples of patterns from you guys, sorry all you got from me was a ball of fur with a tail.

5. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Mumbles, that fly will own largies come spring. Big bass should suck that thing up without temptation!

6. Ed Call

Yeah, but I modeled it after two patterns in older steelhead texts and compared to the other flies mine just do not measure up. The cats like them! I think they will do well tossed along shorlines, over pads and under branches (under branches on rivers was the application in the steelhead books).

I was gonna try to tie up a duckling pattern, big nasties for big nasties, right?

7. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Hey, it was unique and it'll catch fish, I personally can't wait to try skating it :)

8. Monkey Salad

Monkey Salad Member

Looks like most/everyone got thier flies? If someone could do pics that would be cool, I have been getting some requests.

9. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

havent gotten mine yet but sounds like I will be pleased when I do :)

10. Chris DeLeone

Chris DeLeone Active Member

Re: Articulated Steel Swap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looks like most/everyone got thier flies? If someone could do pics that would be cool, I have been getting some requests.

I have been following this one and would love to see the flies. So if someone could take the time to put some photos up - I would owe ya one.

Chris

11. Ed Call

If I can find my camera I'll give it a shot. I have not seen that sucker in over a week though. Probably in a jacket, vest or float tube pocket.

12. Zach M

whoever tied that articulated egg sucking leech got me hooked into my first steelhead today. i lost it shortly after but im still kind of proud haha

13. Ed Call

Good work Zach. Which ESL?

I posted that I'd throw on some photos. I'm not entirely sure who tied what, but as details filter in and you claim your flies I will edit the post accordingly.

Here are the articulated steel swap ties: (if someone with more posting knowlege can get these into the gallery if having them here is a problem I'd appreciate it. If you need them sent from me to somewhere...let me know)

blackyellow.JPG blueblue.JPG bluebunny leech.JPG pinkpurple esl.JPG yelloworange.JPG
    redpurple.JPG purple esl.JPG pink esl.JPG pinkpurple.JPG mumbles meager mouse.JPG

Attached Files:

14. Chris DeLeone

Chris DeLeone Active Member

Thanks - Mumbles
    Nice flies gentlemen - good work

15. Zach M

why are there patterns that are different from what i got in the pics? put these bad boys in the gallery