August Pink Reports

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by jwg, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

2. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Home Page:
    Toolfly doesn't look like he's having any fun

[​IMG]

A one of a kind fishing experience all around

3. James W.

James W. Member

4. Josh Smestad

Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Aside from a few A hole gear chuckers it was pretty decent at PNP this morning, went home with two and LDR'd and SDR'd a few more. Heading back in the morning.

5. My cousins from CO visited us in hopes of catching their first salmon, yesterday he did that not only with one fish, but on and on and on. The herding has started...

6. Tyler Speir

Tyler Speir Artist

Home Page:
    I think he has the fishing down, not you need to teach the other guy how to net a fish.

7. Yeah they were both new to fishing salmon and after that episode I showed him the proper technique.

8. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

While not hot and fast like two years ago its still been pretty good for me. While the numbers are down the size is up by a lot on many of the fish caught and they seem to fight harder with more energy as well.
    Been skunked only twice out so far. Once when I fished from 11AM till 5:30 PM and spent most of the time that day visiting any ways and another skunk was the first time out for Pinks in which I was coaching two others how to catch Pinks and my buddy caught his first Salmon. Since then he caught two Rock Cod one last thursday on his own and another on Friday so a good start for him has been made and another turned on to fishing from Kayak
    Well I guess yesterday I did not get any Pinks so skunked on them a third time but has to settle for a 29" x 16.5" Girth Coho which I estimate to be over 9 LBS. Not to bad since I saw not another fish caught all day though I only fished from 11 AM till 2:30 PM. Amie got photo of me trying to land just before her camera battery went dead.

9. Blktailhunter

Blktailhunter Active Member

LOL. I sure wouldn't want him on the net if I had a big Nookie on the end of my line. Nice to see a newbie get his first salmon and the net job was very entertaining. :thumb:

10. troutaholic

troutaholic Member

Home Page:
    Fished Commencement bay and the mouth of the Puyallup yesterday from in my toon 7:30 am to 12. Nada, zip, bupkiss. Didn't even see any movement. Then fished the Puyallup river by the soccer fields from 2pm to 7pm. Same results, even though the gear guys were hooking up every now and then all arouind me. Wouldn't call it hot but more fish than last week in the river. Now I just have to figure out why they weren't running into my fly :)

11. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Fished Dash Pt this morning. Picked up a nice male (no hump yet) at about 8:00 on the incoming. Didn't see any other hook-ups from beach or pier. I spent most of the morning BSing with a buddy but the fish was nice. I'll try again tomorrow. Lots of salad later in the morning.

12. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Hooked 3, landed 1 plus a small chinook (18") in area 6 this morning.

Nice sunrise before the rain and wind.

[​IMG]

13. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Nice pic Chris! This rain today and cooler temps should get things rolling!!

14. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Gorgeous morning on a MA 9 beach today. My favorite time and tide. No chrome! About ten other fishermen, but no one having any luck that I could see. A couple of jumpers, pretty far out though. Three bullheads and a flounder saved a total skunking. Actually, it might have been two bullheads and a flounder, as I swear one very large bullhead may have ambushed my fly twice. Don't these pinks know that they are late for a date!

15. unfrozen caveman

unfrozen caveman Cirroc

Home Page:
    Monday evening at Picnic. Weak tide changes meant lots of salad. Windy. Fished for two hours or so. Zip, nada & nothing. Same for soon-to-be teenage son fishing with gear. Other guys around - mix of fly and gear - with no readily observed hookups. Did find some new pinhole leaks in waders. Time for aquaseal or new ones.