Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

August Pink Reports

49K views 416 replies 125 participants last post by  T Bag 
#1 ·
Time for a new thread to replace the Pink Recon thread, in my humble opinion.

#4 ·
Admiralty Bay beach, evening high tide, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday saw maybe two dozen pinks, plus three chinook (one 23#, guy next to me!) taken and a few coho. All on gear. Boats also got a few. No love for me on fly gear. Working at Camp Casey Kiwanis severly disabled kids camp. You can learn a lot from those kids...
Ronbow

#14 ·
Scoured a prominent Vashon Is. beachhead this morning from 10 to noon on the outgoing tide--nada. Few boat anglers were close and I did not see them hooked up, either. Admittedly, I was after SRCs and decidedly non-pink flies after rezzies, but there was no surface action of any kind. Coming back to Fauntleroy on the ferry I did see one fish jump way out in the middle. I'll be putting down the 6 weight in favor of the 8 weight starting this weekend and targeting our pink brethren proper. Can't wait!

#15 ·
9:00am. On the Kingston Ferry out of Edmonds . About 500yds off the Beach I saw several large pods of fishies. To the south by the Marina were only a few boats out..??? Docking into Kingston was a big floatila of about 40 boats. You guys were on the wrong side of the sound!!!!!! No reports on the way back..I fell asleep in the truck.

#22 ·
8/4 Dash Point Report

Fished 5:00 to 8:00 AM Low, incoming tide.

Fished the frist 90 min way down beach so I can't report on numbers from the gear crowd. Fished the last 90 min near the dock and saw 4 taken on gear and one on a fly (by me !). In general it seemed slower than mon/tues (I didn't fish wed).

Dock was full of people, about 15-20 gear guys on the beach.

#27 ·
Nice job on the pink today Ron!:D Wasn't much going on after you left, although 2 gear guys hooked into a double near where you were at after you left. That was about all the action after you left up to about 9 AM.

PS- I counted 42 people on the lengthwise segment of the pier. It is going to be a crowded year. There was the usual cluster at the end point too and a fair amount off the face pointed toward the deeper water. Hope I can figure this fly thing out so the hardware can stay in the trunk:)

#28 ·
Later this morning on the outgoing tide the water came alive. The fish were close in to the dock so bamnk anglers didn't do so well but I would guess I saw more than a hundred fish caught on the dock by 1 P.M. when I left. I lost two to LDR this morning. Can't figure what's happening yet but plan to work it out.

#29 ·
Ft. Flagler this AM from 6am to 9am. High tide was 8:30. The 1st 30 minutes was active with bait fish and big swirls at the surface. No takes...other than 4 or 5 shakers. Nobody else there. After 6:30 am all water within casting distance was stagnant and inactive. smaller fish (8-10 in) were jumping 50+ yds off shore. Bait guys and buzz bombers showed up at 7:30. Nobody hooked up between 7:30 and the time I left around 9am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.