Auto Break-ins!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jay Burman, Feb 9, 2008.

1. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

The car thing is genius...but i dont think there is a way to keep meth heads at bay....they are pretty intimidating people when they show up.

2. LD

LD Active Member

How about having a programable alarm instead of the annoying ones that no one pays any attention to. Such as hearing the distinct sound of a shell being chambered and then having Clint say "I know what your tinking is it 5 or is it 6" . John Wayne would be another good one. Any other ideas?

3. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

about 8 years ago, i was coyote hunting accross the road from lenice. while walking back in full camo with an sks, i heard a car engine heading down the short road i was on so i took cover within sight of my truck, maybe 30 yards or so to watch. a beat up mustang with two transient type mexicans, pulled up to my truck, they looked inside it abit and spoke for abit and left. the whole time i'm locked and loaded only 30 yards from them. i'm glad they didn't give me a reason to act.

what i did learn is as mentioned above, leave nothing in your car to steal and you won't be bothered.

I might mention, it may be possible as an organization to hire off duty officers to stake the place out. could maybe plan a group outing on a weekday, as bait. this is a common practice, and may be possible.

4. sharpshooter223

sharpshooter223 Member

the towns right around those lakes are basically mexico. i say instead of having the cameras in the open you just conceal them in some bushes or in a hole in a fence post. then you have your signs telling everyone they are being watched in both english and spanish. then maybe you bait the area with a decent looking car with some more expensive looking stuff inside. i think if you bait the car with electronics, take the acctual electronics out and place a gps tracking device in it. maybe also some sort of paint fogger planted on the mirrors so that if the window breaks, the person doing it will get painted.

5. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

I've always had the theory that alot of the breakins were actually kids rather than hispanics, with the hispanics getting the blame. I have no real data to back this up its just that prior to school getting out there seem to be fewer problems of this sort compared to after school gets out, I know there could be other reasons this is the case (more people around prior is one) and I know most of the poaching I've seen has been by hispanic people but this trend to blame everything on the hispanics really sucks, with the percentage of the population being higher sure theres going to be more criminals of that race its the same everywhere from the inner city to the most remote towns in alaska, every culture has criminals and in our country there is a long history of blaming everything wrong on the newest members, our country is made up of immigrants, 100%, its the mix that makes us great, get used to it, post the racist crap somewhere else and try to come up with some viable solutions to the problem that this post started with. I know this is just asking to be flamed but you know what tough shit this is my opinion.
    tony

6. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

I would like to be the first to apologize. While i did see them with my own eyes, it was prior to my lazer surgery, and the gentlemen in "my case" may have just had a tan.

7. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

rig up conibear 330 on the windows... that'd work great...

8. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Cameras don't work. Most meth heads wear hoodies for a reason. We installed cameras at one of our equipment yards and got some great video of 2 guys with hoodies over thier heads ripping us off. Cops looked at the videos and said it could be anyone. Now we have dogs. Haven't been hit once since the dogs were installed.

9. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

I often thought mounting a camera inside your car with a sticker on the window that says, "Warning to theives: if you are reading this, then your picture has already been emailed to my computer at home."

10. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Maybe an alarm system that would text your phone or just a short range signal to a two way radio. Then you could run back and shoot them in the legs.

11. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Get an old mean dog.

Feed him lots of raw meats to:

Befriend him.

Leave him in your car.

In the summer, leave a cooler of ice for him in the back seat.

12. Matt Paluch

Matt Paluch Active Member

Home Page:
    When I was a kid, there was a guy who was hunting with a falcon there. That'd be a cool guard animal. When a thief comes and starts breaking in a car, the falcon could swoop down and pluck the guy's eyeballs out. We'd have to agree on some code word for the falcon so that it wouldn't use it's large talons on us.

13. sharpshooter223

sharpshooter223 Member

better yet, when the alarm goes off, have some sort of cable shoot out of the bottom of the car and wrap around their feet and lock them to your car so when you come back, the police can get them.

14. Tim Garton

Tim Garton Member

How about Vasquez, from "Aliens", yelling "Let's rock!!" and then the amplified sound of pulse rifles. You could follow the fecal matter trails back to the parking location of the getaway car. ;o)

15. 509

509 New Member

Your absolutely right. In Wenatchee, next November I think there will be a concerted movement to remove local judges that think Illegals should get a pass on fish and wildlife laws. That might catch the attention of the judges.

Elections.....ask every politician their stance on illegals!!! They will get the message. Unfortunately, looks like we have three amenesty candidates for President. This makes local and state offices even more important in the November election.