Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backpacking Gear - Stove, Water Purifier, Float Tube

Wanted 
1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jackchinook 
#1 ·
Looking for some lightweight gear for backpacking. Thought I would try here before running to REI. I need a small stove for boiling water and a water purifier most importantly. If anyone has a tent under 5 lbs or a packable float tube they want to sell, I'd be interested as well.

Thanks,
-E

#9 ·
Best outdoor cooking equipment I've ever owned for quick, convenient, compact water boiling and meal prep. Lots of accessories available if you want to add them. Also can buy spare "mugs" for others. I do that for my family. I think we have 3 spare mugs and a couple more complete units. Super versatile.

Jetboil Flash Personal Cooking Systems
    • 0.8-liter cooking cup with insulating cozy
    • Flash color-change heat indicator
    • Adjustable stainless steel burner
    • Push-button igniter
    • Tripod base for added stability
Premium backcountrycooking performance in a compact, easy-to-load package. Energy-efficient FluxRing® coils covert up to 80% of the heat into useful cooking energy. For you, that means having to pack fewer fuel canisters to boil the same amount of water as standard backpack stoves. Whether boiling water for a hot drink or a meal for two, this unit boils water in a flash. Color-change heat indicator window lets you know when the water is hot. The translucent lid/measuring cup and drink-through lid make it easy to see inside. Adjustable burner with push-button igniter. Boils a little over 3 gallons of water per one Jetpower fuel canister. (Fuel sold separately.) Made in USA.
Volume: 32 oz. Boils 16 oz. of water in two minutes.
Dimensions: 7.1"H. x 4.1"W.
Weight: 15 oz.

#10 ·
Best outdoor cooking equipment I've ever owned for quick, convenient, compact water boiling and meal prep. Lots of accessories available if you want to add them. Also can buy spare "mugs" for others. I do that for my family. I think we have 3 spare mugs and a couple more complete units. Super versatile.

Jetboil Flash Personal Cooking Systems
    • 0.8-liter cooking cup with insulating cozy
    • Flash color-change heat indicator
    • Adjustable stainless steel burner
    • Push-button igniter
    • Tripod base for added stability
Premium backcountrycooking performance in a compact, easy-to-load package. Energy-efficient FluxRing® coils covert up to 80% of the heat into useful cooking energy. For you, that means having to pack fewer fuel canisters to boil the same amount of water as standard backpack stoves. Whether boiling water for a hot drink or a meal for two, this unit boils water in a flash. Color-change heat indicator window lets you know when the water is hot. The translucent lid/measuring cup and drink-through lid make it easy to see inside. Adjustable burner with push-button igniter. Boils a little over 3 gallons of water per one Jetpower fuel canister. (Fuel sold separately.) Made in USA.
Volume:
32 oz. Boils 16 oz. of water in two minutes.
Dimensions: 7.1"H. x 4.1"W.
Weight: 15 oz.
I went on a guided float trip where the guide had one of these; I was so impressed with it I bought one immediately when I got home. It goes with me on lots of different types of trips. It's heated water for me many times, for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc, when I've been in motel rooms. It has another role as an integral part of my emergency home setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.