Badger Hackle

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by crazyjake, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyjake

crazyjake Member

Have been looking for dry quality badger hackle to size 16. Looked in several shops in Everett, Bellingham and Mt. Vernon but nobody carries it :beathead . Anybody know who carries it?

2. gotchasr

gotchasr Member

I seem to recall that Avid Angler in Lake Forest Park has a very nice Whiting neck and maybe a saddle too. Not sure on the saddle sizes.

3. Mike Etgen

Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

RiverFishing

There is an online supplier in College Place (near Walla Walla) that may have what you need. He has an eBay "store" at this site:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=16157430

I've purchased a great deal of hooks and hackle from these folks and find them fair and very accomodating. If you follow up, please feel free to let them know I sent you - I don't get anything except the knowledge I "hooked up" a possible new customer.

You can also email them if you don't see what you're looking for at: Aquijr@aol.com

Good luck!

Mike:thumb

4. crazyjake

crazyjake Member

Thanks for the help. My brother found one on his drive up from Oregon.:beer2

5. ffb

ffb Active Member

You've already found what you're looking for, but check out Conranch Hackles, I know the guy and he's really nice, and the hackle is top notch!! Flyanglersonline has a review on them. Here's the address: http://members.tripod.com/CONRANCH/ They list gold and silver badger colors for their dry fly necks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.