Baja report

SilverFly

Which area you fishing? I'll be down there in just over a week.
We're staying in Los Barriles. The north wind kicked up so the guide I'm set up with is holding off for a couple days. Still fishable but could be better. Going after dorado or maybe billfish. I'll let the roosters drive me nuts DIY. Did see one this AM.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
We're staying in Los Barriles. The north wind kicked up so the guide I'm set up with is holding off for a couple days. Still fishable but could be better. Going after dorado or maybe billfish. I'll let the roosters drive me nuts DIY. Did see one this AM.
You doing Jeff DeBrown's program?

SilverFly

You doing Jeff DeBrown's program?
I was talking to Jeff but put off booking too long. I'm fishing with Mike Rieser of Baja Fly Fishing Co. Nice guy and very professional. He and one of his guides found me on the beach today to discuss options and gave me some pointers as I was fishing. They thought the fish I assumed was a jack was possibly a dorado.

Hem

I'm headed to Buena Vista first week of June.I plan on doing my own thing from the beach,so I will be following your thread closely.Good luck!! Love to hear updates.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
I was talking to Jeff but put off booking too long. I'm fishing with Mike Rieser of Baja Fly Fishing Co. Nice guy and very professional. He and one of his guides found me on the beach today to discuss options and gave me some pointers as I was fishing. They thought the fish I assumed was a jack was possibly a dorado.
I've met Mike a few times on the trade show circuit. Very cool guy.

Just back from a week in Loreto. There were dorado showing up, but still a little spooky. We got a good range of species, saw some big fish, but the winds were a real factor. I couldn't get a good presentation for the big roosters we saw.

Have to go back in July when the water has warmed up properly.

SilverFly

The guide I fished with yesterday, Joe with Baja Fly Fishing, got one of the beach last week. Got my first 2 off a panga and lost a third. The ones I landed took the ballyhoo pattern I posted on the baja tying thread. Missed a bunch of shots a small to medium roosters due to botched casts or non- committal fish. Pretty exciting just seeing them come at the fly with that dorsal up.