Bam!

McNasty

Canyon Lurker
lol, if 20+ inches is steel on the yak, about half my fish so far have been steelhead this year:D i hooked him on a size 14 jigged prince variant i tie. funny thing is, he had 2 somewhat recent scars on the otherside of his mouth from being hooked, and ive been pulled way into my backing twice fishing huge streamers the past month in this same spot and been broken off both times. pretty sure i know this fish.

tinman207

lol, if 20+ inches is steel on the yak, about half my fish so far have been steelhead this year:D i hooked him on a size 14 jigged prince variant i tie. funny thing is, he had 2 somewhat recent scars on the otherside of his mouth from being hooked, and ive been pulled way into my backing twice fishing huge streamers the past month in this same spot and been broken off both times. pretty sure i know this fish.
Awesome fish. I had a brown do that to me two days in a row up on Rock Creek....saw his massive tail twice as he freight trained away. I now refer to him as my white whale, and picture him lurking around this deep hole with a trophy wife and a slap n' tickle hanging out of his gnarled up mouth.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Send that out to the MT fly shop's and tell them to eat their hearts out. That's a great looking fish. I've said it before, the Yak is way under-rated IMO.

McNasty

Canyon Lurker
The second pic is better. You can get a sense of it's size. It didn't look that big in the first photo, likely because of the angle.
thats what i thought, but i just set my phone down with a 10 second timer set, get a couple pics and release the fish before i even make sure they came out good, so im pretty pleased they came out at all. and as for the actual size, its went about 3" past the 24" mark i made on my rod. . . .so you guys do the math:D