Bamboo Fly Rods

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Randy Knapp, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

I am going to sell some bamboo fly rods so I am going to give you guys first opportunity.

1. 8' 3piece 2 tip 4/5wt full flex refinished by NW bamboo fly rod makers Ray Gould and Mike Gallavan (had Mike redo the handle and reelseat and Ray rebuilt a new mid section) with US Pflueger Medalist reel and line. $150

2. 8' 2pc 7/8wt 1 tip (can get another matching tip from maker) custom made by Mike Gallavan using a Dawn Holbrook steelhead taper. This is great NW river or lake rod for bigger fish. I have lines and reels to match if needed. $400

3. 7'6" 2pc 2 tip custom rod made on a Philipson blank. One tip has repair wrap with no negative effect on casting. I can also supply a US Pflueger Medalist 1494 with line and backing. I also have silk lines for either of the lighter rods. $425

I need the money so these rods will be sold to someone. I will consider reasonable offers if no one snaps these up within a week or two. They will go in the Seattle Times in another week and then to eBay. You can email me direct at wrknapp@yahoo.com if interested. I live in Seattle and I accept credit through PayPal. I have landed dollies and salmon on the first rod. The second rod has not been fished as it was only recently finished. The third has handled monster rainbows at Rocky Ford and giant browns and Rainbows on the Missouri yet is a pleasure to fish for native cutts in small streams.

Randy

2. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

These rods will appear in the Seattle Times for one week beginning Friday, January 17.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.