Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Batson's new blanks

Rod Building 
4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Carol 
#1 ·
Anyone give any of the new stuff a try already? I'm really interested in the Eternity2 RX9 blank, cool looking color as well! I'm thinking of saving up for an 8wt setup in that.

Anyone try that blank or any of the other new ones?

http://batsonenterprises.com/

#3 ·
A little while and I'll have one - I've been experimenting with single footed titanium ceramic guides on my RX8 6wt, wow! I don't think I can go back to snake style guides anymore, feeling the line glide through the guides and watching it shoot out effortlessly is soooo nice!

#5 ·
I mean, straight titanium guides (not plated) with ceramic inserts, super light and not cheap, but well worth the money! I bought some from Pac Bay and was going to sell them (I posted in this forum earlier that they were for sale) but after no one responded I thought what the heck, lets give them a shot. I have a Batson 6wt blank I use for personal R&D purposes, It's had all guides removed about 3 times now, different guides and different placements. Now that I know how nice it is to have the titanium with ceramic inserts, I will be getting a set from Fuji next (they look way nicer than the pac bay ones and are probably a little more $), and now I also know that size 5's are too small... so 6's or 7's should be good for the kind of line I throw. . Rio OB Short, it's a pretty fat line, 5's are too tight for fly line knots or loops to easily travel through. Something else I learned is that the way snake guides are measured and the way single footed guides with ceramic inserts are measured are different, buying a full set in #5 and a full set in #6 was a costly way to find out, but whatever, now I know. :)

#6 ·
I mean, straight titanium guides (not plated) with ceramic inserts, super light and not cheap, but well worth the money! I bought some from Pac Bay and was going to sell them (I posted in this forum earlier that they were for sale) but after no one responded I thought what the heck, lets give them a shot. I have a Batson 6wt blank I use for personal R&D purposes, It's had all guides removed about 3 times now, different guides and different placements. Now that I know how nice it is to have the titanium with ceramic inserts, I will be getting a set from Fuji next (they look way nicer than the pac bay ones and are probably a little more $), and now I also know that size 5's are too small... so 6's or 7's should be good for the kind of line I throw. . Rio OB Short, it's a pretty fat line, 5's are too tight for fly line knots or loops to easily travel through. Something else I learned is that the way snake guides are measured and the way single footed guides with ceramic inserts are measured are different, buying a full set in #5 and a full set in #6 was a costly way to find out, but whatever, now I know. :)
Hmmm, while this is not new, I have never tried it and have always thought about it. I may have to send you a message when my recently ordered 6wt blank shows up.

#19 ·
The Eternity blanks are awesome. Utmost has had great feedback from a couple of customers who have built up the 9' 8 wts. We are required to list the retail price and offer a great discount on all blanks. Anyone wanting to try out any of Batsons new blanks can shoot us an email for your discounted price.

#12 ·
So far I am really happy with and enjoy fishing my rx6 3wt, rx7 5wt and my rx8 6wt, I hope that the rx9 8wt (once I get it) will be just as nice or nicer than the others. I use to mainly own Sages and have owned some Scott rods and an Orvis and I only care to fish my Batson rods. Could have something to do with the fact that I built them myself hence my desire to fish them, I really dig the blanks thus far. Oh and now with the new guides on the blank it fishes really nice. :D

#18 ·
Looks like it!!
"RAINSHADOW SWITCH ROD KIT - Rainshadow RX7 Switch Rod Blanks feature a highly technical blend of RX6, RX7, & RX8 high strain graphite material.The combined types of graphite achieves a precise action, added length increases casting distance and line control, Caster friendly Medium Fast Action,Blank combined with quality components such as Batson's high end fore & rear grip , fighting butt , HOT METAL ALPS A7L2 reel seat in shiney gunsmoke, Chrome Traditional Snake Guides , chrome stripping guides , Large Loop Tip Top , Winding Check & Black Thread. 10' 8" / 7 Wt. Limited Lifetime Warranty on blank. THIS IS A 4 PC. KIT"

The only thing it doesn't come with is all the equipment and tools, IE: Rod Wrapping machine, glues, etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.