NFR (BCS) Bull Crap Series

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by generic, Jan 7, 2013.

1. generic

generic Active Member

I know it was Chris, I was totally being facetious on that first one. However, funny or not, it is true. After Bama lost that game, they fell from #1 aaaaaallll the way down to #4. But you are so right about "we'll never know." Take just the last week of the NFL regular season. Sometimes it is hard to beat a team twice. I just think that "Jonny Football" hit his stride after that Bama win.

Oh well, this thread is dead.

2. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Ya, that kid is gonna be special, should be fun to watch him the next year. I wonder if he will stay in college or ifthe lure of big money will be too much to resist. I hope he sticks for 2 more at least.

Dave Kaiserman likes this.
  3. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

North Dakota State actually is the National Champion this year...

I want the BCS to have more C and less BS meaning 8 team playoff with rules that allow every team in the league a shot at winning the championship. Look at college hockey, every single DI team could win the national championship this year, even my Seawolves.

4. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Sorry Ed,
    I'd fish with you but that wouldn't change my feelings about ND.
    I never liked them even when they were recruiting me. I always liked Dan Devine but playing for Gerry Faust would have been a nightmare.

Ed Call likes this.
  5. generic

generic Active Member

Man, that is no lie! Wow, back to back National Championships, against the same team no less. Last years game was a bit closer I think though.

I watched the Eastern Eagles game (Semi Final game in Cheney WA), where the Eagles were down 35 - 0 at halftime to Sam Houston. The winner went to the national championship, the Eagles came back in the second half with the (sort of) backup quarterback - a true Freshman. He threw 6 TD passes in the second half, the Eagles lost 45 - 42.

We all thought, "If only...." Then seeing North Dakota St in the National CH...Holy Crap Batman is that team good. Maybe it was better for Eastern to lose so close, then to get whipped on by those guys. Maybe, maybe not, but yes I agree...they are the true champs.

6. Bruce Baker

Bruce Baker Active Member

Actually the "And One" doesn't start until 2015. Next year the national championship game will be held at the Rose Bowl. In 2015 the Rose Bowl and I believe Sugar Bowl will host the semis and it's looking like the championship game will be played at Cowboys Stadium.

7. Bruce Baker

Bruce Baker Active Member

Just saw this thread today. +1

8. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Believe it or not, 1 of the BCS polls AFTER the game Monday night still had Notre dame No. 1. Enough said.

9. generic

generic Active Member

The BCS has gone the way of the Nobel Peace Prize, both are ridiculous and irrelevant. Oh, and add the UN to that list :confused:

10. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Bye Bye Chip Kelly...just named the Eagles new head coach.

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

There was one undefeated team in College football. It was Ohio State. 12-0 To bad they have Probation on them.