Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Beads or something

NFR 
9K views 99 replies 37 participants last post by  FinLuver 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
dead horse.

#7 ·
Thanks Brad.

The bong and "no fucks given" really speaks to your character.
I guess I dont see how the bong speaks anything to his character.

Its pretty popular for guys to post pics of their spey rod, complete with vintage hardy reel, next to their favorite microbrew or flask on the river bank. Is that classier because the flask is probably filled with a fine scotch?

#16 · (Edited)
Ah yes the LA push people. Known for their prowess to fashion some of the best bongs of glass and consuming massive quantities of weed in a single pull. LA push actually means "iron lung" in the coastal Salish trading language. In the Chinook jargon it means "dank ass chronic bud". I'm glad this guy is sticking to his roots and posting online. I mean I thought he would be a smoke signal kind of guy. Carry on young brave of the chronic net people, smoke tough and may the great spirit bless you with bountiful steel for your net. Zero fucks given indeed. See you at the potlatch.

He's a young kid wanting attention struggling for a reason of pride. His elders probably shake their head in disapproval as he roars by in his lowered Honda with loud ass muffler. Something tells me he's not in the least the tribes golden boy nor are they proud of him beings drug use is a major issue out there and a source of embarrassment for many. I wouldn't lose to much sleep over this growling puppy.

#17 ·
Ah yes the LA push people. Known for their prowess to fashion some of the best bongs of glass and consuming massive quantities of weed in a single pull. LA push actually means "iron lung" in the coastal Salish trading language. In the Chinook jargon it means "dank ass chronic bud". I'm glad this guy is sticking to his roots and posting online. I mean I thought he would be a smoke signal kind of guy. Carry on young brave of the chronic net people, smoke tough and may the great spirit bless you with bountiful steel for your net. Zero fucks given indeed. See you at the potlatch.
WFF Hall of Fame post right there.

#19 ·
He's trying to get under your skin. I couldn't help myself and googled him up. He also "sport" fishes. The best anyone can do is completely ignore his bad behavior. He wants a reaction. I don't know if I'm getting old or what but I am starting to either ignore or pity little punks. They are trying so hard to be hard and tough. You would have to win this kid's heart and mind to make a difference. Until then, bury my heart at broken bong.

#30 · (Edited)
Lot's of blame to go around for the low numbers of anadromous fish. Rediculous to get all hot and bothered by natives taking fish now. I personally think they could be great stewards of the native fish and stand above all others and put fish first, and keep it to ceremonial fish take only, but it is was it is.
How much of the runs are decimated by disastrous logging runoff and the pollution 6,000,000 people in the Seattle Metropolitan? The Columbia River enters the US polluted from Canada already.

Like the Seahawks in the Superbowl, should have scored 7 more points earlier in the game to make the ending moot.

If we had decent runs, 300 pounds and a kid on instagram should be totally nothing.

Wonder if every river and bay was closed to commercial/sport fishing for 5 years, what the
uptick would be?

#33 ·
Nothing? No commericial netting/no native netting/no sports fishing?
There would be some positive direction. Escapement would have to go up. 5 years would give you the first runs from a zero taken fishery 2 fresh/2-3 salt years.. Bay to river on in. I bet a few peninsula Q rivers would have some decent numbers climbing!

#42 ·
Bradley Leonard... a one man tribal relations wrecking machine.

Sadly, he's just one of many. I'm still trying to determine whether he Skokomish tribe learned these crafts from the Quileute tribe or vice-versa.

G
#44 ·
I gave up on trying to save the world,people will do what people will do. I do what my heart tells me is right. And besides I made a living for years netting salmon in s.e. Alaska as well as other forms of commercial fishing. I quit doing so because the economics and the fish stocks didn't warrant doing it anymore.

#66 ·
That's a whole other can of worms... being from TN I was always told that we had a full blood Cherokee great-grandmother, a convenient justification for the olive skin and high cheekbones that turn up every few generations. And it probably was native blood, among other things. But it turns out literally everyone from the SE has a Cherokee ancestor, or so they think. There were a myriad of tribes in the Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Carolina area, not to mention escaped slaves and indentured servants who all left their genetic mark on us sons of the south. But the Cherokee were seen as a "civilized tribe" and so you could claim Cherokee ancestors and still save face when your son looked more like Al Pacino than Macaulay Culkin.

#65 ·
Like I said, no one would normally give a shit... unless there is something to be gained monetarily or politically. In the case of the OP... an opportunity to further adversely impact a species in trouble. Carry on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.