Beads

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by stewart dee, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

Stewart Dee, I guess your hate on for beads is about the same as mine for monkey inbred fucks that swing intruders/ESLs etc from skagit lines for summer runs...but whatever. Not everyone wants to learn or be challenged or wants to continue to develope as an angler. Oh well. So be it. Frankly I could give a rats ass, but I really dont want to fish with or around guys that dont enjoy fishing the way I like to. Why? Because I have nothing in common with those guys. I gave up the numbers game some time ago and for me the reward comes from time spent at the vise figuring out the hows and whys of when and how I should fish a type of pattern, the time spent figuring out a particular system and when and how to fish it, then figuring out a fun and effective way to present the bug. When it all comes together and I find a willing wild player, its pretty cool. Not too many guys think this way, its their loss. I'll still drink their single malt though...

2. Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas Active Member

Is that why you stay off the Bulkley Ralf ?

Me too .

3. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

That and the aggressive Vedder mentality has infested the place. Same happening with the place you and I like too. Gees, even had some asshat show up in camp this year (after we talked about the two of us doing a float), with 5 of his pals....Time to find another river

4. Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas Active Member

The guys with the wall tents ? Ran into them too many times .
    I`m thinking of heading further west this year .

5. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

r u fucking serious???

maybe you havnt seen the guns stewart dee has sold on here.

6. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

i have a friend, lets call him mark wisdom. everytime he sees a bunyn he gets all soft. bunnys are his weakness. So of course i posted all of these to his facebook. Oolang is possibly the best bunny ever. RIP

Also, a question to Stew D.

What is your opinion on long line nymping and egg pattern? It has the same quality of a swing (tight line, proper presentaion) so as far as i can tell it has the same draw as the swing for you. Please also note the downstream, step by step working of the run. This aids in the prevention of lowholing swingers, as i move through the water in the same fashion.

So do you hate the bead or the bobber? Please adress this issue for me. My first steel ever was caught long lining, as was my first chinook.

thanks for the input and maybe ill get out with you one day and you can help me improve my swing.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=132528033468687

7. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

No comment ha-ha. Dustin, your a good fisherman from what I seen on the Klick last summer. I am going to spend my time and efforts now with Charlie Sheen, hookers and booze. Just some good rehab.

8. Loren Jensen

Loren Jensen Active Member

coke will be your best friend. and besides, charlie sheen isn't mentally fucked anyway. he is normal ;)

9. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

I hope your hip gives out while fishing alone and a bear rapes your ass....

goddamn, tip fishing intruders while i'm swinging a dry on "your" river, say as I do don't do as I fish sour kraut..

AND I had just bought a fine single malt for you too.....but i'm not going to tell you which bottle I dinked first...

10. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Come to think of it..the best part of this bead thread WAS that the goddamn long liners were leaving us skagit guys alone for a change...

So now Stew, you've just become someone else's bitch too....were back to the low men on the totem's pole!!!

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Fixed it a bit...

As it should be, and has always been...you are in the low spot!

12. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Women who fly fish often have a unique perspective on fly guys, the equipment that they use and the correlation it has to their own gear. Stew, the fact that you have such an on-going strong emotional reaction to small beads tells me that you are projecting. The fact that you use a spey rod tells me that you are compensating as well as projecting. Your wife has my deepest sympathy. :rofl:

golfman, neither a bead or a tube fly is legally a fly under WA state rules so neither one can legally be fished in fly fishing only waters.

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Freestone For The Win!

14. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Wisdom.

15. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

So that's whats going on? My wife has small hands so I am happy.