Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by David Loy, Apr 17, 2014.
Something came up and I won't be able to make it.
It will not be a pleasant day at Windermere Park this Saturday. The chance of rain isn't a killer but the 11mph South wind is. I cast here often enough to know. Unless I hear a major uproar, I'd like to aim at either next Saturday (5/3) or if Labor Day weekend is full, the following Saturday. Hopefully it works for the majority of you as well.
Oops, I see Saturday 5/10 is Mother's Day. Well, maybe she'd like a new stick.
OK with me. My poor casting is bad enough in calm, let alone windy conditions. Thanks again David for trying to put this together, it was greatly appreciated! Ron
Just let us know when we can meet David, and thanks for your effort!
Thanks. I'll keep watching for future gatherings.
Thanks David. This is the right decision given the schedule and weather conflicts. I do hope this happens at some point in the not too distant future as there is considerable interest.
I'll echo what Tim said!
I'm ok too, just let me know.
To show how fickle the weather can be this time of year, at 2pm here in Redmond it was pushing 68, sunny and dead calm. Sorry we weren't able to connect today. I'm looking forward to the rescheduled event.
Yes, here too the weather was better than predicted, but there was still a stiff little wind on the lake. This park has a lot of fetch from 520 to the South. It might have worked out but I also got called into family duty at the last minute (B'ball tournament). So, I was PC on the home front, a good thing.
But hey, this coming Saturday is shaping up ok. 10% chance of rain is perfect (keeping the kid & boating factor lower). Right now there's a 9mph wind prediction but that could change. I'm good for this next weekend if any or all can make it.
I'm tied up through the end of May so I'll miss any boo get togethers during that time. But I'll hope to join in a future meet. Best, Ron
I can probably make it after about 1:00, I have a grad school interview at 11 in Bothell.
anything but not next sat I got midterms
Just took a look at the weather and it looks fabulous, up until Friday afternoon. Saturday's prognosis is 30% chance of rain (again, likely no problem) and 8mph Southerly wind. For casting on the lake, at least on the side of the dock with vegetation (& the best chance at a fish), a South wind of any strength is difficult. We can move forward if several of you would like to. You can always turn away from the lake and make hero casts on the grass. Several guys that I'd like to attend (and meet) can't make it this week, or maybe next. Therefore I'm leaning toward re-grouping and maybe aiming at a Fall date with consensus. In a couple weeks or so the Lifeguards will be on duty, which brings on the hoard of kids and boaters. Summer wouldn't be good as it is a busy family park all week long. In the off season, like Fall through Spring, it's mostly a few dog walkers in the park and conducive to a group event like this.
Let me know what you think.
As much as I would like it to be now. I am busy for the next three to four weeks. So for me, I would love everyone to make it. I say FALL sounds best with me. Thanks for all your hard work on this, John