Beaver Lake (Samammish) Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jake L, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Jake L

Jake L New Member

Arrived at Beaver around 5 looking for that evening bite you can usually find on lakes. There was a little fish activity when I first arrived, but it just seemed to slow down the longer time went. I got a hit on a BH pt size 16 fished about 3 feet deep in the first ten minutes. Then nothing. So on went the maroonish yellowish simi-seal leach fished at four feet. I got two very subtle hits over the course of about an hour fishing this. But both hits were so soft they may have even been fish swimming into my tippet for all I know. Then in the last four or five minutes of fishable light, I got a hit trolling a big black and red bugger with rubber legs and dumbbell eyes fished around seven or eight feet. But no fish hooked. Lots of partiers, gas R.C. boats etc didn't add to the atmosphere, but I didn't mind too much. It is Beaver Lake after all. They only insects I saw with any frequency were some sort of midges. If one was so inclined to tie them, they'd be around a size 28. But the fish didn't seem to be eating them. I saw two fish caught while I was there. One small trout around 5 inches took a worm someone was fishing on the bottom. Another was about 9 inches also on bait of some sort. Nice getaway, but I think I'll be more likely to head to the Snoqualmie or Cedar for my next trip.

2. rattlesnakeflyguy

rattlesnakeflyguy Harrison

I hate that lake. Never caught anything over 12" and the hatchery drones are garbage. Find them rivers. Thanks for the report as well...

3. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

I wonder if the light bites were from perch? I've caught a number of them in Beaver lake and they all take the fly really softly.

If you're ever there again and not having any luck with the trout, throw a black bugger or clouser under any of the docks, you're almost guarenteed to catch a LM bass.

4. Jake L

Jake L New Member

Ya I was about to start looking for the largemouth. But I just kept thinking that surely a bite would get going at any minute... Darn me and my positive thinking. Hopefully (fingers crossed) I can make it to one of the forks of the snoq or maybe a beach for some SRC.