Beaver Lake Trip Plant

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Lex Story, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Lex Story

Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

Well it's that time of year again and the big triploid plant is planned for the 7th of November.
    I'm taking the first half of Thursday off to go and float tube it. If you see a bright yellow Nissan Xterra in the parking lot it will more than likely belong to me so look me up and say hi and maybe swap a few flies for what's been working and what's not.

Cheers,

-Lex

2. Rob Hardman

Rob Hardman Active Member

I just happen to not be working Thursday. Never been to Beaver. Thought about it, but always just went a little further to RSL as it's undeveloped and C&R.
    How is it? Will it be crazy the day after this big plant?

3. Rob Hardman

Oh, wait. I assumed you were talking about Beaver Lake near Bellevue and not the one on the OP?

4. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    NutJob, You can check recent stocking reports on the WDFW website. Any stocking done during the prior week should show up by Saturday.
    They don't stock the Beaver Lake that's in Clallam Co, which is a good thing, as it has plenty of wild cutthroat in it. Most of 'em are on the smaller side. A 10"er is a good one in there. Small cutthroat like those are one of the reasons why I ordered my new 3 wt.
    They don't always advertise their stocking plans ahead of time for most lakes, like they are doing with this Beaver plant. The stocking schedules are kind of general, so that we don't see huge lines of vehicles following the stocking trucks.:eek:
    I admit to check the stocking reports. Its rather shameful, I know.:rolleyes: I usually let the new plants spread out before i go after 'em. At least for a week. This way its easier to delude myself that I'm not just dilly dallying in a stocker pond where the pattern employed makes little difference. Its better after they have begun keying into the natural food forms in the lake. You can convince yourself that its real! (Plus, after a week or so of no food pellets, those dummies are so hungry that they'll practically gnaw their way thru the hull of your boat to get to a poorly tied wooly bugger)!:p

5. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

I was thinking about taking the first half of the day to go fishing one day this week then going to work after that. I think I may just join you for some morning fun at Beaver

6. Lex Story

It looks like the weather will be mild for Thursday and cloudy, so that it will be good for kicking around and stripping in buggers and JJ specials.

7. Sourdoughs

Sourdoughs -Marc Chapman, icthyoantagonist

I may be out there in my blue pontoon boat - come and say hi.

8. dp

dp ~El Pescador

the launch may not be open according to the newspaper

9. Lex Story

Yes the launch will be closed on Wednesday during the planting. I usually go the day after (which means the launch is open by then) but I am using a float tube and I approach the lake from the park side and walk it in on my back.
    If you really wanted to get jump on things you could always fish the day of the plant via float tube

10. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

I'll have my pontoon style kick boat up there Thursday. light enough and small enough to be carried a few hundred yard to and from if needed, yet beefy enough you float my rather large backside. It's purple/blue and black so please come say hello if you are so inclined.

11. Lex Story

I'll be in my Navy blue Fish Cat 4 float tube hopefully with intermittent rod bends.

12. Rob Hardman

Thanks, Jim. Good info. I think I'm gonna skip it and head over to Rattlesnake.

13. Jeff Cheng

Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

aww thursday is the one day i can't.

i hope to be out there on wednesday late moring till early afternoon. (squeeze it in between work and class) maybe 11-2 then again on friday for most of the day.

i'll be in my blue fishcat on wednesday and portabote on friday. would love to actually meet some of the people on here. :)

14. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    If those fish are "2 pounders," then you guys are gonna have a blast.

Gary Knowels and Lex Story like this.
  15. dfl

dfl Active Member

There are several Beaver Lakes. Where is this one?