Belize, Ambergris Cay

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Willie Bodger, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Good to know, I'll try to track him down. So, specifically what docks or where is his house? Or will it be pretty easy to find him once I get there?

For payment of the guide and other things down there, do travelers checks work or is it really a cash society?

2. PT

PT Physhicist

Not quite sure but I think he lives on Graniel Drive. You could probably ask about him in any one of the stores toward the north end of town. They run a pretty informal business so I'd use cash.

It's a pretty cool place. Are you renting a golf cart or using bicycles? We always rented bikes at Joe's Bikes, about $5 a day. Makes for good exercise and fishing transportation. Once you get north of the canal you can ride along the beach for miles up to the north end of the island. Keep one eye on the trail and the other searching for tailing bones.

Good luck.

3. Willie Bodger

Not clue how I ma getting around. Just assumed I would be walking, but... Sounds like I'll be finding Joe's bikes and heading North!! Aside from wading attire, is it a tennis shoe or sandal type of place?

4. PT

PT Physhicist

Tennis shoes or flats boots. What size shoe? I've got some size 10 flats boots you could take. Not too worried about 'em getting used by someone else. Let me know.

Definitely rent a bike while you're down there. Once you get north of the cut there's miles of access along the beach to find flats that you might like. Tough fishing on the grass flats but a bike is a must.

5. Willie Bodger

Thanks for the offer. I've got flats boots. I was wondering more for the non-fishing times. Is it just sandy/dusty or is it nasty need to protect my feet?

6. PT

PT Physhicist

Sandals.:thumb: