Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bend area in mid-June

503 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryan Buccola 
#1 ·
It's official! Heading out to the Bend area for 6 days in mid-June. Have never been there that time of year. Planning on fishing some stillwaters AND rivers. Planning on base camping and driving to different places.

What should I expect? What are your experiences for that area this time of year?

Thanks,
TT

#2 ·
The headwaters of the Decshutes from Wikiup (sp?) lake to Pringle Falls is great for large browns and rainbows. This locaiton is close to La Pine.

#3 ·
iagree Tony,
There is a great campground up there from which you can operate, I'll get the name of it for you. Next time I am in, I'll fix you up. Ya know...I believe it is called Bull Run, it is on the river. Google that and see what you find.
Checkout the "Little Deschutes"as well.
There are great still waters up there, a big chironomid show.
Another idea would be to check out "The Hook Fly Shop" and see what they have to offer.
I have a buddy that lives down there who would be plesed to talk with you, I'll call him. next time I come in I'll try and have his number for you.
:beer2:

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.