Best 6 weight beach reel

chrome/22

For him there whould always be the riddle of steel
What's your 1st & 2nd choice?

A range of different $$ reels is ok, don't really have a budget yet. Going on a dark green XP with black hardware

Looking to add a quality saltwater reel to my gear, I'll be purchasing an extra spool or 2 as well.

c/22

thatguyryry

I just got a Redington Behmoth for 80 bucks, and it has pretty good reviews for saltwater. My Lamson Liquid 3 did decently, I just always rinsed it with fresh water after I got back from an outing. I haven't had the luxury of having multiple options of fancy-smancy fly reels yet.

David Loy

Senior Moment
Boy, I have to believe there are many quality reels available, that I have not experienced. I use Bauer M3s (on a Beulah switch rod and a T&T 7wt), a Sage 3300D (Epic 686), and a Sage 2050 (XP-697), and have extra spools/lines for each.

Mems

https://journal.amberjack.com/2017/...own trout&mc_cid=f265a4169b&mc_eid=fe84a3a786
Got this bone on a 6wt with a TFO 375 reel.

Another nice bone with the same outfit. TFO discontinued this reel, now we have the new Power reel and it is very light and great drag. I will keep testing it out, but it has been a good reel so far.
https://tforods.com/power-fly-reels/
I am a TFO sales rep so I am biased, but there are lots of great saltwater reels out there. Good luck, 6wts are my favorite to fish on the flats. And yes you can catch big fish with a 6wt. Mems.

holtad

I have a Hatch 5+ and a couple Galvan Spokes that were gifts. Both have been great but I did fully burn out the Galvan when I hooked into a hot coho 3 years ago. Galvan did a full replacement in a 2 week turnaround.

I like Nautilus reels a lot. The NV-G 6/7 is a solid choice, as is the CCFX2 6/8.
I am actually thinking about getting a new 6 wt reel and the two you suggested are on my list. I already own a NV-G7/8 and was thinking of getting the 6/7. I was considering the CCFX2 6/8. but to me it seemed a bit on the heavy side compared to the NV-G. Excluding the NV-G, you think the weight of the CCFX2 is a non-issue?

DimeBrite

MA-9 Beach Stalker
I decided to go with the NV-G 6/7 for this reason. I am very confident in it for my local saltwater fishing, great smooth drag and nice wide arbor.
The CCFX2 6/8 is the right choice if you need the reel to travel for your bonefish trips, etc. It would be a bit heavy for cutts and resident coho I think, but Nick might correct me.

I am actually thinking about getting a new 6 wt reel and the two you suggested are on my list. I already own a NV-G7/8 and was thinking of getting the 6/7. I was considering the CCFX2 6/8. but to me it seemed a bit on the heavy side compared to the NV-G. Excluding the NV-G, you think the weight of the CCFX2 is a non-issue?