Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Best Trolls to Catch WFF Members

NFR 
6K views 96 replies 38 participants last post by  Tom House 
#1 ·
We've all seen the the threads on "What's your favorite fly" etc, etc.

How about effective trolls to catch a WFF member?

This can also help as a reference for folks who seem to have a history of being sore lipped (kind of like a Rocky Ford petting zoo rainbow) so they don't get hooked and feel foolish later.

Here's mine.

"Anyone know the best way to hunt bald eagles on the Colville reservation? I've heard a wild horse carcass works best, but just want to get some advice from experienced feather merchants."

P.S. Please note that this is an attempt at humor (trolling), I have no intention of hunting bald eagles.

#45 ·
I was fishing a closed water stream. Its so loaded with fat cut-bows , i think its a shame that its closed. I think its wrong and that's why i am fishing it. I have been back a couple times and i don't think its a problem since i C\R majority of the fish, and i am the only one there.
WDFW should open all closed waters to C\R.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

If you want the name\location send me a PM. I wont post it here, due to over crowding and "Hot spotting" .

#47 ·
This isn't a troll here HONESTLY ... but there is something that I am out of the loop on. For example, I had no idea what a "flat biller" was ... so I googled it. yeah now I get it - they look ridiculous. i now see them everywhere (i reflexsively think "Flat Biller ridic"). But here's the question: wtf is wrong with beads? i've even joked about them here on WFF as if i know, but i don't know what the shame is in beads??? explain?

#57 ·
OK I'll try again. Flat Bills = bad:
Hand Arm Vision care Purple Cap

Beads = why so bad?
Arthropod Insect Pest Wing Pollinator

It's just a friggin nymph ... designed to ride in the water column at the proper depth for nymphing. BTW - why is nymphing "dirty ass nymphing". I fish mostly dries ... but I always thought I was the one who was shameful for being to stubborn to put on a nymph when everyone was catching on nymphs and im not getting squat. So unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going to conclude that bead nymphers are the real fly fishers and i'm a wannabe because i'd rather catch no fish on top than actually put on a beaded nymph to more accurately mimmick what the fish are really eating.

#61 ·
OK I'll try again. Flat Bills = bad:
View attachment 102470

Beads = why so bad?
View attachment 102471
It's just a friggin nymph ... designed to ride in the water column at the proper depth for nymphing. BTW - why is nymphing "dirty ass nymphing". I fish mostly dries ... but I always thought I was the one who was shameful for being to stubborn to put on a nymph when everyone was catching on nymphs and im not getting squat. So unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going to conclude that bead nymphers are the real fly fishers and i'm a wannabe because i'd rather catch no fish on top than actually put on a beaded nymph to more accurately mimmick what the fish are really eating.
Again, pay attention, unless again this is the umpteenth time you have hooked me with your motor out movement.
http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com/how-to/beads/bead-fishing-201-the-next-level

#74 ·
I very much love the Lake Lenore spawning channel to do fishing. My friend Vladimir thinks I should switch to a dip net with rubber mesh because it does not damage the beautiful trout skin and we will fetch greater price in Seattle markets. I want to continue using my grandfather's dipping net with monofilament mesh. He used it to catch the last Caspian Sturgeon in the Motherland so it is very lucky. What do you think?

G
#88 ·
Trolling flies isn't real fly fishing. Even if you are using fly rod and a standard fly line to cast the fly. If your not stripping the fly in from a stationary position your just trolling. Might as well be fishing gear.

#89 ·
The best steelhead fishing in North America is in the Great Lakes tributaries. One of the best is the Salmon River at Pulaski, NY.

I perfected the art of fishing for these wild steelhead many years ago, casting slinkies, using a running line on my 10' 7wt RPL Sage fly rod. Egg flies in a variety of colors usually work best, but small nymph patterns are also deadly.

I guarantee that I can out fish west coast steelheaders who insist on using traditional methods 10:1 with my "chuck and duck" technique.

#90 ·
The best steelhead fishing in North America is in the Great Lakes tributaries. One of the best is the Salmon River at Pulaski, NY.

I perfected the art of fishing for these wild steelhead many years ago, casting slinkies, using a running line on my 10' 7wt RPL Sage fly rod. Egg flies in a variety of colors usually work best, but small nymph patterns are also deadly.

I guarantee that I can out fish west coast steelheaders who insist on using traditional methods 10:1 with my "chuck and duck" technique.
Yeah, but all them fish there started out as eggs from Washington.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.