Big DEAD Native on a stringer - Upper Hoh???

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Marty Leith, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty Leith

Marty Leith Member

I heard a rumor that a flyfishing guide was written a ticket for posessing a dead wild steelhead on the upper Hoh, using scent, and barbed hooks??

Seems odd :hmmm:

Can anyone verify?

2. Brazda

Brazda Fly Fishing guide "The Bogy House" Lodge

Home Page:
    Yea I seen a guide with a dead fish on a stringer, also saw Brian down at Oxbow watching, guy was acting like a ding dong all day doing everything he could to stay one hole ahead of me, did'nt stop us from catching but it was commical seeing him run like a crazy man whenever we were close.

3. shawn k

shawn k Active Member

was this today?

4. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Good question...was at oxbow yesterday at camp when I see this patrol truck pull in quick, he hops out and runs down to the river. I walk over to his truck and see a few guys in a raft On the computer in his rig that had just been by a few minutes ago. Wonder if it was them? Wanted to ask him but he zipped off. Whatever they did it wasn't good.

Brazda, said hello to you on the river today...all I can say is I wish I was in your boat instead of another day of the skunk!

Cheers,
    Matthew

5. Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr Active Member

This was today.

6. dougisnow

dougisnow Doug

Home Page:
    interesting story so far. I've never fished the Hoh but I gather it's fly and barbless only? odd a GUIDE (and a flyfish guide? no less) would break these rules. :beathead:
    I'm in portland and steelhead my local rivers, but never made a trip to the Hoh yet, but I hear it has big fish. :) Hope to get up there someday soon now that I'm a spey freak. :) how's it fishing so far this spring? any advice for a rule abiding and clean releasing guy from OR? :thumb:

7. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Busy few days for Mr. Fairbanks. I talked to him Saturday afternoon. Someone had reported a raft fishing the closed section of the upper Duc.
    Not sure if he ever found them.

8. Runejl

Runejl Josh

Can we out the individual. I imagine that a bad reputation is bad for business.

9. thefishnfool1

thefishnfool1 New Member

No it's not flyfishing only but it is single barbless selective gear rules

Tim

10. JS

JS Active Member

If I knew who it was, I sure as hell would. Total BS.

11. fishbadger

fishbadger Active Member

Maybe there's an alternative explanation. . .maybe a hatchery fish or something. . .but if not then I'd say (in this day and age) outting them would be fine. Don't even need a name or anything. . .how about the make of the rig or a vague description, and let nature take its course,

fb

12. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

Careful Gentlemen: Everything I've read has been rumor or speculation. Don't make decisions about anyone without knowing the facts. Assume: Making an ASS out of U and ME. Jumping to conclusions based on rumor and assuption is a dangerous way to live. Also it can get you sued.

Keith

13. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

No one is gonna get sued....

14. Finfollower

Finfollower New Member

Keith makes a good point...does anyone have any updates regarding this issue? If this is factual I'd like to know who would be foolish enough to do this.

15. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

Dustin, if anyone makes accusations that may cause this particular person financial harm and the accusations are false, then you are in big trouble. People have been sued for less than this. What I am saying if someone losses financial gain because they were named or identyfied by description then they could potentially sue. The following could possibly be a dangerous action unless you have iron clad facts. [Can we out the individual. I imagine that a bad reputation is bad for business. ] Must be careful when doing such especially on an open forum like WashingtonFlyfishing. If you have the truth and can prove its the truth then you have no worries, but be careful. I just don't want anyone making a mistake and doing harm to an innocent guide and then getting themselves sued.
    Use caution and common sense.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.