Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Big winds!

NFR 
3K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  Richard Olmstead 
#1 ·
For westsiders.

I'm in Edmonds. Wind gusts of 25/50 maybe higher. Power's been out for a hour. I have big firs around the backyard and am getting a steady rain of pinecones and small/mid sized branches.

Hope it doesn't blow like this on the east side. Fire could jump miles.

#37 ·
For westsiders.

I'm in Edmonds. Wind gusts of 25/50 maybe higher. Power's been out for a hour. I have big firs around the backyard and am getting a steady rain of pinecones and small/mid sized branches.

Hope it doesn't blow like this on the east side. Fire could jump miles.
drove to tri cities and back today... winds from Arlington east were very high lots of blowing dust... from the John Day dam west it was nice and calm the further west the calmer it got

#40 ·
My Dad and his bud are in town this weekend to fish. Friday was manageable. Yesterday our float started off nice but by mid day we had a tail wind at 20 with gusts up to 35. It was tough fishing and even tougher rowing. Gonna be blowing again today and not sure what to do. Sucks as we've been planning this trip for a while now.

At least the bite was good in the am before we got caught in the hurricane.

#42 ·
Well, my power went out @ 11:30 am yesterday and it's still out tonight. Looking like it might be Tuesday before they get to us. Calling for more wind tomorrow in belliwash, could get ugly. Thank god for headlamps.

#45 ·
Just an average breezy weekend in Ellensburg. NWS reported peak gusts on Saturday morning of 39 mph. Saw a few stalls pushed over at the Saturday farmers market. Lost power briefly at my place. Had a large willow lean over in the back yard but it didn't completely snap or uproot.

#46 ·
Power still out at our house in Lake Forest Park as of 2:00 pm Monday. It's been out since noon on Saturday. Walking my dog in the neighborhood this morning I saw that a bigleaf maple down across a power line a few blocks away has still not been cleared. Forecast is for power back up on Tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.