NFR Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Joe Goodfellow, Apr 12, 2012.

1. UptheCreek

UptheCreek Member

Breaking news, Sasquatch NOT real...would of had a trail cam pic or real video or something by now.

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I've never seen a million dollars either. But I don't believe that I ever will. So it isn't real.

3. MT_Flyfisher

MT_Flyfisher Active Member

In all my years in the outdoors, I've not encountered a Bigfoot.

However, one time on the Deschutes in mid-October I saw a mermaid. But that's another story.

4. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Home Page:
    In 40 years of as a professional Forester and almost 50 years of being an amateur astronomer I have never seen BigFoot nor seen a UFO.

However, I did see a redheaded wood nymph walk out of the swirling fog at Kibbie Lake in the backcountry of Yosemite National Park one summer morning. That memory beats the hell out of any sighting of BigFoot.

5. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    Vlad- that's a story that you probably ought to tell rather than just tease us with...

Then again you watch Rainier or any of the big Northwest volcanoes long enough you'll see lenticular clouds that look plenty like UFOs

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Call me stupid, But I've seen two Ufo's in my Life time. Long story.

7. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

I didn't realize they were so into throwing rocks.

8. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Did you get any pictures???

9. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I kinda thought you were dropped of here by a UFO. That would explain a lot.

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Thank you for your kind remark.

11. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

They were good! Might have to make a few this week!

12. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Home Page:
    Unlike Sasquatch, redheaded wood nymphs have very little hair and a luminescent skin quality.

I had a camera with me and duly noted the spectacular photographic quality to the scene, however, respecting the privacy of the redheaded wood nymph I made no move for the camera.

Kibbie Lake has a long, sloping sandy bottom before it drops into the depths. I was sitting on a granite boulder drinking a cup of coffee from a Sierra Cup looking at the lake when I noticed through the light fog something swimming in the lake. As I watched she slowly turned and started swimming towards me.

When she hit the sandy shelf of the lake, she started walking out of the fog. She slowly emerged from the lake through the swirling mists. It must have been less than a minute until she walked up the me. However, with the beauty of the mountain scene it just seemed to play out in slow motion. I offered her a cup of coffee and then she returned to her camp.

Now the problem with redheaded wood nymphs is that they are not impressed with Foresters since they are fairly common in their environment. We spent the day swimming in the lake and exploring the lakeshore. There was no frolicking. Late in the day it was time for me to leave and hike down the trail

For a long time I regretted never taking a picture of a redheaded wood nymph emerging from the lake. Then I realized that maybe the memories of that scene were more important than any picture.

Later in life, when things would get stressful and hectic I would just lean back and shut my eyes and replay in my mind her emergence from Kibbie Lake. It is very calming.

13. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

I'm reluctant to relate this story as there a many "doubting Thomas's" here, but what the Hell.

Back in '82 I owned a catering biz and luckily had several movie shoot location contracts. One of my favorites was the movie "48HRS" with Eddy Murphy and Nick Nolte.
    Unknown to many, both Eddy and Nick were avid fly fishers and we became friends after many yarns spun around the buffet table. One Friday after a particulaly grueling week, we decided to run up the the Siskiyou Natioal Forest in northern Ca. for a few days to a wet some line since the lighting crew was grumbling over some contract dispute and the shoot was going to held up a few days.
    Early Saturday morning we piled into one of my well stocked trucks and headed north. After a long drive with Eddy sleeping and mumbling some shit about a hooker he knew named Roxanne, Nick sucking on a bottle tequila most of the way, we found a nice remote spot several miles up a logging road on the upper stretches of the Salmon River. Ever quick to hit the water, we geared up and climbed down the steep bank to a large tailwater with a nice bend and gravel bar. Nick was working on his third bottle of tequila and stumbled more than climbed. He looked bad and the woods were thick.
    We all chose a spot with suffcient distance between us and aimed for the deeper channel on the far side of the river. About 20 minutes into casting, this huge boulder splashes in the water just downsteam between Eddy and Nick. Looking up, I saw a huge hairy figure in the trees about to toss another boulder and hollered, " WTF is that!"
    Eddy looked up, tossed his rod in the drink, screamed "GOONEY GOO GOO" and bolted for the truck.
    Nick took another slug of tequila and shouted at Eddy's quickly dissapearing ass, "WTF is a GOONEY GOO GOO?"
    Well, needless to say, we never spoke of it again to anyone, or fished together again for that matter, although Eddy referred to it off handedly in one of his comedy routines. Nick could have cared less about the whole thing and was admitted to the Betty Ford clinic shortly after..

aplTyler and bitterroot like this.
  14. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

Mark, that is probably the most awesome bigfoot story I have ever heard

15. jumbo215

jumbo215 Jasper hickman

That's a great story!