Biggest fear while out fishing?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Andrew Kirkland, Mar 18, 2009.

1. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Sasquatch, if one eats you, they will never find your body.

Bears make me nervous but I've learned to live with them

2. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

I'm calling bullshit on this one as I think you are just trying to keep me off "your" water.

And I forgot a couple,

7. LIGHTENING (I was up on the North Fork Nehelam last winter and as we went over the cost range it was snowreally hard and LIGHTENING, I have never seen that before. It settled down after a while but a couple hours later another cell fired up and I was in the river with 100' evergreens lining both banks as far as I could see. Really had me thinking about important people in my life.)

8. MY KID FALLING IN (he fell 25' into the Wilson of the cliff at Kansas Creek bridge, probably the most fear I have ever known in my life.)

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Mosquitos
    Angie the Fishing Goddess
    Getting pulled over by D. Rutt
    Coach inside the 21 foot rule
    Getting "low holed" with my own gun, inside said 21 feet
    Watching the plane leave with the unpacked whiskey

4. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I'm afraid I might run into fishermen who are afraid of things that might happen on the river. I could die while I'm out fishing. Better that than keeling over from a heart attack while sitting at my desk in my office.

Sg

5. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Heck no--anytime I fish it, it's me and 20 of my best buddies; hardly my water. Besides, a quick google search will give you all the confirmation you need; the stories been circulating since at least 2001 and it's on a boatload of websites.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I was on the Wind in Skamania Co. one day fishing from the low high bank for springers. The day before I got there, as I'm told, there was a group of guys that were fishing from the high high bank above a waterfall channel that funnels the fish and he fell. Apparently he landed head first falling some 20+ feet and was a pretty big fella. Dead on impact I'm told and then his buddies and responders had to hike him out of the very steep canyon (Seven Mile is what I think the locals call it). That type of stuff scares me in some locations.

7. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

Here's the report from www.bfro.net

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7382

8. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

iagree

Wouldn't be the worst way in the world! I did have a close call in a watermaster on the Yakima a couple of years ago, so my worst fear would be making another bad decision while floating and getting myself into trouble!

I ended up hanging onto the boat, I fell through the hole in the boat after missing the E. Cle Elum takeout and was pushed into the bank. Luckily, I found some strong handholds and footholds and was able to hang on until my friends got the anchor rope from the drift boat. Cause that water was cold and fast and I had the boat around my waist!

Note to self, always wear a wading belt! It helped a lot, since the water was up to my chest and don't do that again! 2 seconds of a bad decision, not to just pull out and miss the takeout once I had missed it and that was it.

Lesson learned the hard way, and other than being a bit wet and cold, it was all good.

9. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Forgot that one, it scares me shitless the one night a year that happens

10. Trent

Trent Ugly member

I have an Uncle who has been going out into the mountains to "hunt" Bigfoot. He has been doing it for about 30 years now, rifle and everything. Bigfoot could be like that one breed of Rhino they got in Africa, no one has really ever seen them until recently and that was with cameras.:hmmm:

11. martyg

martyg Active Member

1. Missing an important e-mail that'll cost me money.
    2. Having to poo with no TP.

You all worry too much.

12. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

Oh freaking great!!

My Dad took me to see a movie called "The Legend of Boggy Creek" when I was about eleven years old and it STILL messes with my head.

I don't mind starting in the dark but I am almost always off the water and out of the woods before sunset.

Mostly I am worried I am going to hurt myself trying to get away from my own imagination.:eek::eek:

13. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well this is what has scared the shit out of me. I was fishing up the N/F of the Sauk one summer day when I almost jumped out of my boots. I guess this is where the pilots from Whidby Island fly for training missions. This jet came down the river valley at about tree top level. I almost shit my pants. It was really loud. I thought my ear drums were going to break. Then the second one came by.

Jim

14. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Now I'm freakin out as Mumbles is upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your not wearing a dress?????? you better have underwear on. or Lighting will get ya.
    P.S. at least you put your hat back on.

15. troutcatcher6

troutcatcher6 New Member

Probably falling in would be my main concern. This one lake i fish has a lot of black, grizzly and sasquach around, SASQUATCH would just freak me out! At that same lake, I have seen A mama moose with calfs and the daddy with her. Man those freakin' antlers were big! :eek: