Billboards outside YNP re: wolf hunting

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
This wolf b.s. is really out of control , after spending for days camping & fishing the back country around cle elum including the Teanayway valley never saw a wolf. More to the point after hearing all the horror stories & being warned to be one the lookout for wolves, I never could find anybody that had acually seen one. I'm guessing you are more likely to shoot yourself cleaning your antiwolf hand gun than you are even see one of these critters , But we did encounter a few deer & elk while beating the bushes..

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
I've been fortunate to see several, both in the park, and out roaming the bush in Alaska; great looking animals. Javalina are about the only critters I haven't spotted, but one of these days, I just might venture out with the bow, and give chase.

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Maybe a little different perspective on this issue? Here's a map of sightings, scat, evidence of their presence for the PNW
http://www.northwestwolfsightings.org/Map.html
so you can see they're not isolated, remote and infrequent. Looks like the map hasn't been updated for this year yet though.

Bear in mind that the wolves you might now encounter aren't the timber wolves of old. They're grey wolves, weighing between 100 and 180 or so pounds when fully grown.