Blast and Cast and Blast and Cast

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Upton O, Sep 18, 2013.

1. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member

it does fit, thank you, I'll stop wondering now, those suckers needed thinning.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  2. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Sorry for the delayed response to your question, I came down with the worst cold I've had in many, many years and am just now feeling up to writing.

Alex, I used the PH's Parker Hale .375 H&H with 300 gr soft nose Barnes X and then followed up 300 gr. solids. I quit taking my own firearms to Africa two years ago, it is a real hassle and crossing through four countries in one day, which I had to do the day I left, would have been impossible with a gun. The rifle was a real sweetheart, very heavy and on the second day of four days trying to get a shot at an eland, having walked a number of miles, I repeatedly thought of Marines in route step with M-14's in their hands.

Mr. Bad Example: baboons are trophies, some folks do full body mounts others just want the skull. They are really nasty animals, one of only two animals I truly hate. Shooting them helps keep them fearful of humans and less likely to come into camp and cause damage/injury.

Mark Walker: you damn sure better post your report and photos, your hunt is just as important and anyone else's.

3. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

I'll second that!

4. ribka

ribka Active Member

Fantastic . Best C&b post on here.loss for words. Using a Parker and Hale 375 for cape buff. Stuff of dreams since my childhood.

Well done!

5. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

For me, it's hyenas, baboons, and congresscritters. Come to think of it, baboons and congresscritters are the same animal!

6. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Alex,
    You insulted the baboons and hyenas.