Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

BLOKE RODS

Spey 
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the Scottish rod named "BLOKE"?

#2 ·
I have a friend that owns a discontinued model . I believe it`s a 12.5 foot eight weight . When I first saw it , I was skeptical . The rod had a really short rear grip , and it was about as plain a rod as I`ve ever seen . But after looking closer at it , it was clear that it was a quality stick . The guides were top-notch with nice wrappings . The cork is very good quality , as is the reel seat . The rod was definitely built for shooting heads . And it really likes the bottom hand to be dominant . I tried a couple of different lines on it - a Loop Quattro , and a Rio AFS . Because of the length of the Loop line , and the shortness of the rod , you really have to be on the top of your game to make it work . It was ok , but it got a whole lot better when he strung up the AFS . By using Scandinavian underhand casts , the rod really came into it`s element . It was effortless . The rod is fast and powerful , so it was best to lay off the hp . But when I found the correct stroke , it was a joy to cast .

The newer models look intriguing with the ability to adjust the weight of the bottom end of the rod , but I`ve not seen nor cast one .
Yet .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.