Swap Bloodworm Swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by flylikeIdo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Ok guys, here's the deal. I say if we don't hear from our swampmeister by Saturday and you haven't yet sent your flies out, that we elect a new swapmeister.

I'm game. Send them to me by the following Saturday (The 20th), I'll distribute accordingly and have them to you before Thanksgiving.

IRA Siebert
    5117 View Dr.
    Everett, Wa. 98203

2. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

I think that is very fair Ira, thanks for stepping up!
    I will hold my flies till Monday.

3. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Sounds fair to me I will have my flies to you by the 20th. I will let john clark know of the new arrangement and the address as he is not on the internet currently.
    jess clark

4. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

hahahahahaha!

Randy and I had a PM exchange the other day about hijacking this swap but decided it wouldn't by PC. Glad to see there are other mutinous souls as well. I'll wait until Saturday and then send 'em to Ira.

K

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I think it would be a good idea to get a count on who is really in on this swap.
    Sounds like we have confirmation of:
    Irafly
    jesse james
    John Clark
    Kent Lufkin
    Randy Diefert
    2muchfishin
    Surf Candy was in then out ?? how about it surf you in??
    and our missing Swapmiester Flown like I do..
    So how many flies do we send?? I have 16 tied but if there are only 6 or 7 of us no use sending them all. :confused:
    jesse clark

6. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

I'm in, just need to hear from the old/new swap meister. My flies are done.
    My original commitment stands. I tied 3 dozen flies. one dozen of each pattern (thinking he was "capping it at 8) whoever they get mailed to can distribute them as such ; one of each pattern for each participant and the swap meister can keep the rest and the "goodie bag" that I included for their efforts. If anyone wants the recipe or further information on the patterns that I submitted ; I will PM them to you. I no longer have a bad feeling about this swap , I've a bad taste in my mouth as well. There hasn't been much in the way of communication.

7. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Hey Randy sorry I dont spend my life on the computer, I have actually been fishing the last several days. I went to Utah and fished the Provo river for 3 days, Caught more browns than I have in a long time. Then I went to hoodsport and caught a load of chums. And will be heading to california for thanksgiving next wednesday.

As I recall I wanted to get the flies shipped out much sooner than the 16th but someone talked me into waiting. I cant remember who that was do you? Anyhow enough bitching out of you folks, get your flies in the mail so I can have them by the 16th. If I have them all before then I can get them in the mail to you all by the 17th which is the day I leave. I had mine done the same day the swap started and I have not seen one package yet. So get on it or let me know you dont want to be a part of it.

Any questions I will look at later this afternoon and from there on out I will not be around a computer till next tuesday.

JR
    8129 NE 166th Street
    Kenmore, WA 98028

Quit bitching and start mailing.

8. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Randy:
    Glad you had a good time fishing I just wanted to know who to mail the flies to your original post did not have a name.. My flies will be in the mail by Monday at latest..
    jesse clark

9. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Send them to:

John R.
    8129 NE 166th Street
    Kenmore, WA 98028

10. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

I'm in! And I'm Sending my flies to John R.

I only step up as a contingency plan, didn't mean to step on any toes. I'm excited about this swap. I'm sending two flies for each participant.

IRA..

11. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

John R. mine will be in the mail tomorrow.

you have mail (PM)

12. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Hey Fly:
    John Clark (my son) has been sick for most of the week I just talked to him and he is going to have trouble getting his flies off to you before tuesday which is the day that you want them. I don't know what the others think but how about distributing the flies after you get back from your thanksgiving trip. I probably wont be using my swap flies for awhile anyway.. Sorry for the delay but it was a tough week for him. If this is not ok I will tell him not to send the flies at all.
    Thanks
    jesse clark
    P.S. Mine will be in the mail Saturday...

13. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Ah I would just make him tie while he is sick, He could name the fly the Vomit Comet?

At this point I am just waiting for the flies and when I have them I will mail them out, If he cant get them out in time then everyone can blame him instead of me so that works out great. JK I hate being sick so I will cut some slack to him, tell him to get better and start wrapping.

Hey Randy sorry to piss you off, no offense intended. I can be a bit of a smart ass and I know it irritates certain types of people.

Anyhow when I get all the flies I will mail them out. I still have yet to recieve a package. 11/15

14. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Mine were mailed Friday late afternoon from the Bellevue Main Post Office where last outgoing is at 6pm. I'm mildly surprised you didn't receive them Saturday. They were sent to . . .

John Robinson
    8129 NE 166th Street
    Kenmore, WA 98072

. . . unless I lysdexed a number in your address. Please let me know when/if you receive them.

K

15. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

John:
    Having talked to John Clark when he was sick it sounds like the Vomit Comet would have been an appropriate name. :rofl: I will have to let him know your idea for the name of his "sick fly". My flies went out in the mail Saturday, so you should have them Tuesday.
    Jesse Clark