Not open for further replies.

Boehner gets a boner...

NFR 
12K views 154 replies 37 participants last post by  Mumbles 
#1 ·
OK
Just kidding Ed :cool:

#12 ·
"sop" must reference "South Olympic Peninsula." The man is obviously a southern OP hillbilly, the bane of forum moderators everywhere. Or do you spell that "boehn?" (We can take this opportunity to thank the powers that be, that the cousins of the southern OP hill folk, the NE Olympic Peninsula "Quillbillies," don't have computers or even know how to use them).

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
geez Jim sorry my presence is so offensive to you. just making a funny. lighten up there. nothing political about it. sop stands for standard operating procedure. as for a hillbilly I'm from a massive metro area like you. i always make fun of the dumb locals and their small lives when i cruise through their town on holiday. not trying to make fun of your hero there just a funny.
Just don't make fun of the tide people. Those are your people.

#15 ·
i believe in a utopia where city folk and country people walk hand in hand toward pools filled with chum. snaggers and swingers fishing in harmony. where ******** and hippies make love in the grass bearing bastard children of that smell of saw gas and pachouli.
Man, what are you smoking? Can you get me some? :) Didn't you read Aldous Huxley's takedown on utopias? I think it was "Island."

#23 ·
Hey, I resemble that remark! I likes my Subie, one of the greatest fishing rigs ever invented. Let's see, for political content, why do conservatives usually prefer to drive gas guzzlers? a. they are rich one-percenters, so fuel cost is irrelevant; b. they like sending a significant % of their disposable income to Arab sheiks; c. they need to drag big campers or trailers fishing cuz they're not tough enough to sleep on the ground; d. . . .

#21 ·
+1 on pulling the lever and flushing this and any that follow. We get it already...the forum is as polarized as our nation and elected leaders. Now stop all the pissing and bantering and get back to the One Word Contest :D

#22 ·
+1 on pulling the lever and flushing this and any that follow. We get it already...the forum is as polarized as our nation and elected leaders. Now stop all the pissing and bantering and get back to the One Word Contest :D
Yeah it is hard to piss AND banter in one word it would take two posts.
jesse

#34 ·
"I hate this thread and all stupid crap people write on it. I'm just gonna read it a few more times to see if I can hate it more."
LOL :D

(The only thing I have against Subies around here is that the owners can't seem to drive them as fast as the speed limit... I don't get it. I know the things can move at least as fast as the posted speed limit but evidently not in this county. It's a mystery. :rolleyes:)

#30 ·
A) the title of this thread is stupid and childish. I thought FB was the source of such childish crap.

B) conservatives do not fall into a particular financial grouping and are such as a result of firmly held fiscal and moral principles.

C) conservatives don't drive Subarus because of not wanting to be incorrectly identified as liberals.

D) if conservatives were all 1% then there'd be nothing to vote about, liberals would be 99% (which many seem to think they are).

E) the notion that conservatives throw money around and don't care about fuel conservation is incorrect. The above was likely a joke, but still.

F) conservatives sleep in tents, and on the ground, and catch big ass fish in the rain and snow.

#36 ·
C) conservatives don't drive Subarus because of not wanting to be incorrectly identified as liberals.

F) conservatives sleep in tents, and on the ground, and catch big ass fish in the rain and snow.
False. My best friend is a Subaru driving conservative who has been fly fishing for several years and still sucks at it. Me, the big truck driving liberal usually guides him in to fish. He also hates the cold and sleeps in a motorhome when we camp.

#51 ·
It isn't just me... I ran a search with "do Subaru drivers drive slow" and this popped up.

"
Subaru - The International Symbol for Slow Driving
May 31st, 2006 |
25 Comments

0​

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but someone has to say something to get this out in the open.
First let me say that I think that Subaru makes excellent cars. In fact, they are some of the best engineered cars in the world and are sold at a terrific price point. They're not the best looking cars around - I think the common wisdom is that their exteriors are designed by the same engineers who develop the nuts and bolts of their all wheel drive system - but they are reasonable looking (OK, except for the B9 Tribeca), spacious and nicely appointed. These cars are in no way, shape or form, crippled econo-boxes that can't get out of their own way either. When driven sedately, these cars can more than hold their own and when driven hard, like the way that valet who you turned your car over to last night did, they perform superbly.
I don't have a single problem with Subarus. It's Subaru drivers that make me nuts (not you WRX drivers - you drive just fine and can stop reading here). Inevitably, when I'm stuck behind a line of cars on a two-lane road (or a typical 1.5 lane road as we find often here in New England), there will be a Subaru at the front of the line. And I don't mean "once in a while" here. A recent "scientific" study conducted by . . . me, shows that Subarus are responsible for holding up traffic a mind-boggling 56% of the time (number two on the list - Volvos - but that's fodder for another post). What makes this even more amazing is that this driving behavior appears to be consistent regardless of the age, race or sex of the driver.
Yes, I know. This is a broad generalization and you're thinking that it's wrong of me to attribute any one characteristic, especially a negative one, to what is probably a diverse group of people. So PC of you. But give me the chance to defend my position.
So, back to Subaru drivers. Geez, they are slow. Since these drivers have forced me to spend more time on the road, I've had more time to consider what Subaru owners have in common to create such a strong correlation between ownership and snail-like driving. All I can assume is that the combination of the safety (zillion-star crash test ratings), all-wheel drive (good in bad conditions), economy (reasonable gas mileage) and relative low cost to acquire and own Subarus is what attracts a certain type of person that wants to drive like they're in a funeral procession. Thats' right. It appears that Subaru drivers are people who buy cars to get from point A to point B without any excitement; want to do it safely; and don't want to spend an excess of money to do it. Hmmm. This is beginning to sound pretty reasonable.
Today, a Subaru cost me almost 5 minutes in a 30-minute commute. I realize how stupid this sounds, but that's almost a 17% increase in the amount of time it should have taken me to get where I was going. It's not like I'm an anxious, go-getting person who drives a car like I'm high on crystal meth or anything . . . well, OK, maybe I'm some of those things, but let's be reasonable here, the roses exist for some weaker person to stop and smell. Life's too short to be spending time in the process of getting where we're going, you gotta go-go-go until you get there. After all, they wouldn't call it "there" if you weren't supposed to be at that place already!
[taking a break here to meditate and think about the journey - mmmmmmahhhhh, mmmmmmahhhh]
Maybe the problem is that when I'm in my car it is all about me. I'll make a deal with you, Subaru drivers. I'm sure you're a reasonable person. Your choice of car is excellent and I'm sure you help bring down my insurance rates. If you drive at least the speed limit, I'll try not to have an ulcer while I'm tailgating within 12 inches of your bumper. Does it sound like a plan?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.