NFR Boehner gets a boner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmo_g

Thank you GOP! I got a lot of fence post holes dug, some fly lines and rods tested, and some cutthroat fished for and caught, so the time off wasn't wasted. Unfortunately the work I get paid for that was late due to the lawyer is now 2 weeks later.

Lugan

Joe Streamer
It's hard to blame this on the GOP in its entirety. They are having a serious internal struggle of the establishment GOP vs. the tea party insurgents, and part of it played out in a way that unnecessarily damaged the country's economy and made us look weak internationally. Hopefully they'll get their internal struggle sorted out in less damaging ways going forward.

Porter

Actually I hope they don't, I would love to see the gop falter, especially the tea party. I want them (Cruz, Rand, Cantor, etc. to fail and be voted out on their next elections.

It's hard to blame this on the GOP in its entirety. They are having a serious internal struggle of the establishment GOP vs. the tea party insurgents, and part of it played out in a way that unnecessarily damaged the country's economy and made us look weak internationally. Hopefully they'll get their internal struggle sorted out in less damaging ways going forward.
It is becoming more difficult to differentiate - GOP/TP
I believe the TP is really becoming a burden on the GOP and the latest was just results.
Sweet huh?

Lugan

Joe Streamer
Jamie - In many House districs, gerrymandering has ensured that races won't be close. There are way too many "safe" GOP and democrat districts. So the fight is at the primary level, where mostly the highly motivated partisans (who tend to be extremists) vote. Some states out east even have highly restrictive rules about who can even vote in a primary, like having to be a registered party member. That filters out a lot of the moderate voters, and thus we get these wild-eyed candidates who are nearly assured of winning.

GAT - Great idea. Hard to make that happen given the current election system: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/opinion/24friedman.html?_r=2&

Status
Not open for further replies.