Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

boner jam city

Spey 
983 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SpeySpaz 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cool video. I built an 8 wt. single hand kit into a switch rod a couple of years ago. Before putting the handle on it, I made a fighting butt from three cork rings and added the kit's butt so I have one about 3 1/2" long on the blank itself so it won't break off. It casts a 400 gr line pretty nicely. I haven't used it much but hope to get out with it this spring. It saves the shoulders for sure.

#7 ·
Had my shortie switch rod out a couple of days ago for some water practice. The 400 gr Ambush line casts like a dream. It's very easy to cast single handed or two handed. So far, it does exactly what I wanted it to do. Should make a reasonable small salmon or steelhead rod.

#8 ·
I had previously avoided this thread because I thought it was some alt sexual hipster deal.
Far be it for me to judge, I just skipped it. But curiosity killed the cat.

I built a microspey on a 9' 10 wt blank several years ago, built up a lower grip from odds and ends and it's really cool, but frighteningly fast. Now I suppose I have to get one of those newfangled Ambush heads for it. Oh, the pain, the pain, make it stop!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.