Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bonneville numbers

Spey 
1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Wadecalvin 
#1 ·
They're scaring me. :hmmm:

#5 ·
And 2009 ended up a near fluke coming from nowhere. The reality is the season will be fine reguardless if there are 250k or 550k fish. But then again...I would get really worried and start my plans for BC. Thankfully the AMP was pretty much tossed aside so this remains the best option. Not going to be any fish in the basin this year but I hear BC is on pace for RECORD ;) returns. Pack the truck and get ready.

William

#13 ·
If we compare to 2009 the steelhead are currently (6/30/11) down by 2685 fish. The push we got in 2009 began on 8/11. From 8/11 to 8/24 we got 259,227 fish with a one day high of 34,053 on 8/13. Steehead have proven us wrong most of the time.

I prefer to be lucky... it's only 1 that I need...everyday!

Sure hope it kicks up. I've always assumed the ocean and river conditions are almost identical for steelhead and salmon...so if salmon counts are good...be they chinook, sockeye or whatever...the steelhead counts should be good too. Chinook jacks seem like an albatross.

#14 ·
What's really scary is the number of people that spend untold time reading the passage numbers and then get on internet forums obsessing about those numbers and worrying about something they have zero control over. Leroy has it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.