Books

Discussion in 'Arts and Literature' started by Big E, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Bradley Miller

Bradley Miller Dances with fish

That was easy. One click order from Amazon. Done.
    :)

2. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Thanks Big E, Great..... now I'll be reading instead of tying, probably a good thing. I remember checking out The Complete Angler from the public library many years ago and actually read the whole thing, wasn't easy, as I recall!

Eunan, nice !!!! I really need to get a few more books, I only have Classic Salmon Flies be Mikael Frodin, not the best book, but has a good number of patterns.

3. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

The "Pacific Coast" book--is it a Sunset book by Ray Cannon? If so, I have it too, but a 1976 ed., tenth printing paperback. I too occasionally peruse the Sporting sections in used book stores and pick up cheap stuff. Still waiting to find those Haig-Browns.

4. S Fontinalis

S Fontinalis Active Member

Frodin is good, only for the patterns. I'm not a fan of the flies in it, and quickly sold mine when i got the new Mike Radencich book with 1700 patterns. Though some of the pics are very modern interpretations of the flies (big hooks, married wings, vs small hooks, mixed wings as intended in the original literature) the quality and quantity of patterns i worth the $50 on amazon!!

Of course, its hard to beat the originals, which can be downloaded for free...some blogs ;) even have links to most of the texts!!!

5. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

That is the one, this one is a first edition i found in an antique shop in Oregon for 2 or 3 bucks. I have also found in the used book stores if you go to the science sections sometimes the fishing books get stuffed in there. I found a couple of books on Nymphing from the 80s that way.

KC

6. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Yeah, I've always used it (Frodin) for the receipts and looked online for other examples. I really do need to expand my book collection, would probably give me some much needed inspiration.

7. S Fontinalis

S Fontinalis Active Member

Check out that new book by Mike Radencich....you'll not be disappointed!

8. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Hey Eunan, I just bought it, Thanks