Boooooyaaa!!!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Panhandle, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

so 2 splitties instead of 3?

2. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Rare appearance, Andy. Good to see you too. Josh, actually 3 splitties and a bead equals 4.

3. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

A Zen sighting; how about that? Maybe he's survived all the beer bashes and panty sniffing exploits of college. Good for him.

Sg

4. Mark Speer

Mark Speer It's all good.....

From a post in January 2010: From the Rev. Pan
    Re: Clearwater Float Help
    I know I sound like an asshole to a lot of you. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, Nate---I really want you to enjoy yourself but this late season Clearwater stuff really bothers me.

Those fish have been in the Clearwater since September, some as early as late June. That's 5/6 months. Sure there are some fish that are fresh in the system, being that those summer fish filter in all year. though in smaller numbers as the year progresses. However, this is a very small ratio of fish in comparison to the brunt of the run in October. The great majority are exhausted from their long journey of escaping dams and nets. Soon they will get ready to spawn and need to preserve their energy to do so. On the west side allot of summer runs enter late April/early may. It would be unheard of to fish for these same fish in September, and those haven’t traveled all over hell and back to get their natal stream. This is because west siders recognize these fish as "beat-up." For some reason this same attitude lacks over here. I assume this is because east-siders consider a steelhead a steelhead and don't care if it's dime bright or red and black???????????????? Anyway, have fun and may luck grant you a healthy fish as opposed to a weak, exhausted, frail bruin.

Ya made a 17 yr old kid feel like a shithead for fishing then. A Father never forgets!
    Over now..........just remember the only one messing with you...is you.

That's a beast for the Eastside, well done! :thumb:

5. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

oh damn....Pan, you might want to tell them what you told me

6. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

ahh, so we were on the dreaded SF !!:rofl:
    I heard there was some doode on the fork wearing a fake rubber nose and glasses with a huge fake wig, wearing a loop jacket, yard'n spawners of the redds with beads and indis ... See 'em?:rofl:

7. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

I have strong opinions and express them with equal energy. The downside of this personality trait is you look like an ass when you're wrong as mark has so kindly illustrated above. Though I stand behind the foundation of my words, most of my full understanding of the Clearwater fishery was weak or all together wrong. In other words, I was ignorant, probably still am. All the fish we caught looked like late october early november fish and were in great shape. This was my first time fishing the Clearwater after december. Though I don't plan on making a habit of it, it was fun and I'll be back. Go ahead bring it, I deserve it. :clown:

8. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Home Page:
    Hahahaha, thank you Mark. Way to acknowledge your changing opinion Pan, I was waiting for someone to bring that post up, wasn't there something like 5 pages of you and Matney bantering about when fresh fish enter the CW? Sweet fish regardless, Bonk!

9. Randall Dee

Randall Dee Castaway

Home Page:
    I remember that post. Expressing an opinion is one thing, being a tool about it is another. How's that toe fungus taste?

10. flatheadmatt

flatheadmatt Member

Nice fish pan! SICK!!

11. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Cool, Randall.

12. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

13. Tyler B

Tyler B Member

"Though I don't plan on making a habit of it, it was fun and I'll be back" What the hell? Holy contradiction bat man? Adam it totally ok to have fun its called fishing that is the whole idea and its ok to do it as much as you want, whats not ok is to tell others not to, especially with ignorance to back it up. Kudos to you to admit your faults, we are human, fishing is a primal thing that obviously does weird things to man, enjoy your self wether it be on the South fork or other rivers, fill your freezer, feed your family, tease your buddy be a goof ball just dont piss in everyone elses soup. PS. just remember...what comes around

14. Leopardbow

Leopardbow Member

Thick fish!

15. rick matney

rick matney Active Member

I wasn't gonna say anything, but thumbs up to you (I don't know how to do the fancy little decal happy smiley dude.)