Boston Marathon bombing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by SaltyCutt, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

So, even the white house says it's a terrorist attack. Maybe the problem some of you have with Freestone Angler is that he really doesn't explain his thinking on some of what he says. Allow me to take this a little further. He says they haven't been visited by serious consequences for their acts, and I'd say that the "serious consequences" would mean eradication of ALL connected with the act. Works for me.

America is, and I'm sure Ed would agree here, with the exception of military and nuclear installations, a really soft target. Compare this with the photo I saw the other day of an Israeli teacher, shepherding her grade-school charges while on a field trip. The teacher was obviously pregnant, and sporting an M-1 Carbine with a 30 round mag slung over her shoulder. And she knows which end goes "bang", I'd bet.

B.Willis likes this.
  2. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Alex you don't need to explain FSA's comments nor assume you know why I have an issue with them.
    The facts show that the authorities in this country have done a damn good job of holding accountable those who commit these acts AND should commended for keeping us as safe as humanly possible in this screwed-up world today.

3. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

The FBI has uncovered many, many bomb plots and stopped them before they have taken place. One was in Portland. It was a matter of time before they missed one.

Considering the increase in drone attacks to take out those who wish to do us harm, I can't say that the fanatics are getting away scott free.

I don't think any of us want to live under marshal law "for our own safety". I believe Homeland Security and the agencies under their control are doing the best they can to contain the wing-nuts who want to kill us. I'd just as soon it didn't get to a point that we all need to walk around with a M-1 Carbine. The bombers have a poor track record in regards to getting away with their attacks. They'll find those responsible.

It really wouldn't surprise me if it was a "home grown" bomber like McVeigh who is behind the attack.

Alex MacDonald and jessejames like this.
  4. The Dude

The Dude Member

I wish I had words, to convey how I feel.

5. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    I remember watching on the sidelines of the Boston marathon and it was either the Waco siege or the Murrah bombing had just occurred. Patriot's day attack, in Boston, makes me think domestic....

Steve a big thanks to you brother in law and his team....

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  6. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

maybe, maybe not (home grown). it's some sort of terrorist attack, no doubt. But if I recall, the Muslim terrorists didn't immediately say "gotcha" after the World Trade Center attack, did they? Anybody else remember? My memory isn't perfect. Tell you one thing, though; I'm not about to turn in my M-4 and my 30rd mags!

McNasty likes this.
  7. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

It's only drivel to someone that views the world through a specialized set of colored lenses. I'm glad to see you give credit to G.W. Bush for establishing the policies that have indeed kept the number of these acts throttled. Thank goodness, contrary to what he said he'd do, Barry has more or less left those in place.

That said, when the "wanna-be copy cats" see that the consequence of getting caught is to spend a lifetime in an American prison, likely with special considerations, getting 3 squares a day, full medical/dental, etc., I hardly think that is a deterrent.

I hear there's a stronghold of those "black helicopter" types in and around Show Low... keep an eye out ;)

8. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Ed has lectured me about trying to be less caustic and political... this is the response I get for beating around the bush... hang, electrify or euthanize the SOB's! I have good reason to believe most of us would not steal bread from a market in Saudi Arabia. :D

Alex MacDonald and Lugan like this.
  9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Steve, should your brothers team choose to return but need more helping hands, I would consider the task.

Alex, I have a bit of related experience, past and present. Soft targets to hard. There is always some level of risk. Just days before this real event I was forced to deal with a hoax event that, despite going well, caused me great criticism. There will never be a day that my safety, the safety of my family and friends and the safety of those within my possible area of influence is not in the forefront of my mind. The world sees too often the carnage of the capabilities of the inexcusable few who wish to harm others. Even yesterday as another EM colleague and I discussed possible partnerships and resource sharing between our departments, we were monitoring this at one of our neighbors. http://m.kitsapsun.com/news/2013/apr/17/suspicious-package-shuts-down-base-gate/

I heard from one friend late that night. A training injury had him sidelined but not in the blast zone. I did not hear from my other friend until the next day. Farther back, his course got rerouted and then truncated. He spent the night with others that opened their doors to strangers.

My mind has been on this subject matter exhaustively, and I find myself up at 3:00 typing therapeutically about it. I need a trip into the middle of the wilderness, but I can't take everyone there with me.

10. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Having had an IED, as they are now called, experience in Vietnam, what I know is this: I am vigilant, I watch what is around me and who is around me. I do NOT let it stop me from my normal life, if I did, then "they" win. In fact, I'm planning on going to the Seafair parade this year to prove "they" won't control me life.

Let's catch the bastards, try them, convict them and send them to Gitmo for life. Oh, wait, they're protected by the Constitution and we can't do that. Bummer.