Boston, Mass

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by yellowlab03, Aug 1, 2014.

1. 13.robb

13.robb New Member

I just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread for all of the awesome info. I'm moving to Boston tomorrow, and I definately shed a few tears after releasing my last Skykomish fish today. I did stumble across this forum, which was helpful to me. http://www.stripersonline.com/t/598813/fly-fishing-around-boston-ma I hope there's some usable stuff in there for you. My girlfriend came through with a brilliant new salt setup for my birthday, but I'm sure going to miss the days on the Skykomish tribs. I'd love to share whatever local knowledge I accumulate with travelling PNWers out there, so PM me if you're wanting to fish Boston/Cambridge in the future.

Bob Triggs likes this.
  2. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    Also see: www.stripermoon.com and www.jackgartside.com You will be getting there on the cusp of the fall Striped Bass run down the New England coast. Which, depending upon weather, can run into November. Autumn in New England is grand.

13.robb likes this.
  3. Bob Triggs

Home Page:
    The late Jack Gartside used to fish Boston Harbor on a regular basis. Look him up on his old website, there is alot of good stuff there: www.jackgartside.com And Kenny Abrahams is still holding court not far from Boston, and the information is contemporary: www.stripermoon.com

13.robb likes this.
  4. brat

brat Active Member

Might check with Brian Bennett (Moldy Chum blog)--he's from there and fishes the area annually.

5. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    Blacks creek into Boston Harbor in October on a rainy night can be killer for school striped bass. Jamaica pond has bass. They throw broodstock atlantics in there too on occasion. There's pickeral in the brookline reservoir off of route 9, the charles is under-explored, you can catch stripers out off the surf in Nantasket if you follow the birds in October. A kayak would open up a ton of water in the Scituate and Cape Ann shorelines which are spectacular from a boat and really hard to see otherwise. Plum Island region can be a blast for blues and stripers. Merrimac Shad in April- can't say enough about this- don't miss the chance to fish Lowell's downtown right in the historical park for shad, it's a hoot

Steve Slater and Bob Triggs like this.
  6. Bob Triggs

Home Page:

Boot, I love it when you talk dirty.:cool:

wadin' boot likes this.
  7. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Home Page:

Give Nate Harris at Stoneriver Outfitters a call http://www.stoneriveroutfitters.com
    Store Address
    Stone River Outfitters
    132 Bedford Center Road, Unit C
    Bedford, New Hampshire 03110-5457

By Telephone
    Toll Free: 1-800-331-8558
    Locally: (603) 472-3191
    Fax: (603) 472-3105

By Email
    For general inquiries or advice, please email
    sales@stoneriveroutfitters.com

Staff - Dan Fitzgerald, Owner/Manager
    dan@stoneriveroutfitters.com

Staff - Nate Harris
    nate@stoneriveroutfitters.com

I lived in Boston for 7 years and loved the striper fishing. Also there is some pretty awesome trout fishing in western mass. He will know what's running and where to fish. Tell him I sent you, as he is a friend of mine.

8. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Home Page:
    Ha! Bob, I fished with Ken Abrames a few times while I was out there. Very interesting character in deed. He also has quite the following out there.

9. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Active Member

Thanks for the intel guys, greatly appreciated!