BRAVEHEART comes back to PNW

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by William Wallace, Mar 28, 2013.

1. William Wallace

William Wallace Active Member

Well as some may know who know me, I am in the Coast Guard (21,5 years) and it is my time to transfer! I leave Station Calumet Harbor (Chicago) and now have received orders to National Motor Lifeboat School Standardization Team, Illwaco Washington (CAPE D).

My career has been up and down like any job, I make it fun and enjoyable for me and the ones I work for. When it comes stressful, I make it fun and enjoyable. This transfer season was stressful, but got my number one pick, which makes me happy, wife happy, which is #1 in my book.

I am going to be back home in Washington, fishing with my brother, enjoying our property on the NF Stilly and all my friends I left in 2009. I will miss the people I met here, sad for my daughter (13) who has made friends, tons of friends, but she understands my job and said" It is okay dad, I would have never met these people if it wasn't for you" okay, it made me cry like a baby when she said that.

So to all you Washington guys, I will be back in July and hope to see you on the rivers and lakes. We are still not sure if living in Illwaco area or somewhere close. Depends on my recall status and command concerns.

So FREEDOM is back in Washington!

William Wallace (BRAVEHEART)

Islander, Richard Torres, GAT and 3 others like this.
  2. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Welcome back!

3. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Thank you for your service and welcome back. Hope the fish will be happy to see you and jump and dance for you.

4. olypenjeeper

olypenjeeper Active Member

Congrats! We moved back last summer after 4 years in Cape May NJ. I'm across the river at ANT Astoria. Let me know if you need any local area info-

Brian

5. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Bro I had tears in my eye's when you told me you are coming home to Washington. Time to get a new fly outfit for sea perch!!!!!! Can't wait!!!

6. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Welcome back!

7. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Welcome back! Coasties should never have to buy their own beer.

William, for the record, when Robert the Bruce was dying in 1329. he asked his closest friend, Sir James Douglas (the Black Douglas) to carry his heart to the holy land on crusade. Bruce's dying wish was to go on crusade, kinda the "bucket wish" thing. So, Douglas takes the heart with him, and before a battle with the Saracens, he rides out onto the field carrying the heart in a little silver and lead-lined casque, throws it out onto the field of battle, and says "go first, Brave Heart". That's where they got the title for the movie.

wadin' boot and Tacoma Red like this.
  8. Paul_

Paul_ Active Member

Welcome Back.

Olypenjeeper, I was stationed at ANT Portland, OR (which I think you guys took over their duties a while ago). It was one of the best jobs I ever had! We were a small unit that was pretty much left alone to do our duties.
    We had a non-marked (no big orange stripe on it) 18' work boat, that had fishing rods in a lot of the time.

9. Preston

Preston Active Member

Exceptthat it didn't happen in the Holy Land. He wound up in Spain fighting the Moors during the reconquista.

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Shit, now we're getting History lessons.

Tacoma Red likes this.
  11. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

That's better than sewing lessons...:D

12. William Wallace

William Wallace Active Member

Now I am even more confused with my name! Shoot I am getting out the sewing machine and make a new kilt

13. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

If more people studied history maybe the human race would Quit making the same mistakes over and over again !!!

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I didn't do very good in school. And now I'm smarter than I was when I was in school. I can't believe that today's kids are not as smart as the think they are. My granddaughter, well one of them, Graduated High School and she still can't spell. She doesn't know the states. Not to smart with money either.

It seems that they just push them through school and to hell what they learn.

This is supposed to be "no child left behind". They would be better off if they left the dumb ones behind.

rory likes this.
  15. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Congratulations on your orders to Cape D. Sounds like an interesting job. Is this assignment going to be the end of the road for you or are you waiting to see what's offered when you're tour complete?