Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Burrito help needed ASAP

NFR 
4K views 72 replies 45 participants last post by  GA 
#1 ·
I need a new Taqueria. My go to Guaymas up in Lynnwood has changed too much over the last 15 years, and since the manager Esteban left 3 years ago, its just gotten worse and worse.

I went to the King 5 news "best burrito" page, and ya'll native PNWsters should be ashamed. Taco Del Mar #1? Taco Time #5? What, someone had a bad experience and Taco Bell so it slipped out of the top 20?:mad:

Okay... Sorry for that PNWsters should be ashamed thing... But does anybody know of a great real taqueria east of Seattle, and from Lynnwood to Factoria? Monroe? Anything! I know Gallo in Redmond, and frankly it's only marginally better than Taco del Mar and they are ruder... So that one need not apply!

Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
I'm allergic to Seattle... Just too much work from Woodinville for a burrito. And there's nothing else there I can't get through Amazon Prime or in stores on this side of the bridges.

#11 ·
I hear ya' Philster. It's depressing when an excellent Mexican or Italian restaurant changes or goes out of business. I'm contenting myself with a little family Mexican joint down the road the past year, but it just ain't the same as the one we lost.

Sg

#23 ·
Don't know... His #1 waitress/hostess is still there but she has always given me the "I don't know" when I asked. I was hoping that he went to another joint, and would bring it up to his usual standard. I've even googled Mexican restaurant manager Esteban

#17 ·
A bit far from you, but Taco Guyama off 38th Street near the Tacoma Mall has been our go to place for Mexican.
Taco Bus in Dillon, MT.
I've oft wondered about that place. Tried to convince my wife to try it this past April, but she was having nothing to do with it. I said looks can be deceiving. She said that's the conclusion she's come to having been married to me for 30 years :D. Seriously, is it good?

#56 ·
The wife and I stop and eat at a place the west end of the loop every time we go by, can't remember the name though. Used to be a little hole in the wall place in Belliwash called Mexican Village that was great. There would be a line up out the door waiting for a table. Best green chili burritos I've ever had.

#21 ·
Yeah, I feel your pain, Philster! My uncle had a cattle ranch in Zacatecas when I was a little kid, and I spent a fair amount of time riding fence with the vaqueros. Our cook was a God-so good that he ruined us. in my opinion, there's no such thing as Mexican Food north of the border....

And I'll say the same thing for Asian food as well. 18 months in Southeast Asia, eating the local fare from Saigon to Bangkok and on into Seoul and Hong Kong, Ain't nothin` "Thai hot" on this continent!:eek:

#33 ·
My Americanized Mexican tastes are based on Barrio restaurants in Central and Southern California. My authentic barometer is based on 15 years of leading trips to smaller towns in Mexico. Never eaten in cabo proper :p

Not sayin' I'm all that, but I'm used to sauteed fresh arbol peppers sauteed with onions being an entree...

#28 ·
I thought for sure you would mention Taco Maker in Ephrata. Great breakfast burritos, but I think I might like the ones in Mattawa better. I also really like the breakfast burritos at the tribal gas station on the way out to PNP.

As for other burritos, it might sound cliche, but Chipotle makes great sustainable, healthy burritos that are super yummy. Their business practice is also quite stellar. They found out that the person they were buying most of their pork from wasn't actually raising the pigs to their standard so they simply stopped offering the pork until the problem was/is fixed. They didn't try to sell an inferior product for profit sake.

I also really like the burritos they make at whole foods.

#27 ·
Since we are venturing further east than King/Pierce/Snohomish, I must give a shoutout to Cholulita Bella Deli. One of the finest taquerias in the City, located just a few blocks west of the Myrtle Ave - Broadway JMZ station. I'm a big fan of the huaraches de carne enchilada and also the tortas are a great $5 lunch. Don't look scared, don't get mugged.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

#34 ·
I have a great pic of my son at the age of about 10 holding a giant Burrito from that area. I think it was actually La Jolla. He has an amazed look on his face because it was Carne Asada AND FRENCH FRIES! It was a surfer's special.

Reactions: Tugs
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.