Bush bunnies

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by flatheadmatt, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

I'd scream back, LOUDER ... No "Legend" or anyone else should act like an asshole to someone on the river- Never heard of him either. Maybe a "legend in his own mind" - guys in our sport need to stop worrying about what the other guy is doing, and live and let live-
    I parked my buddies sled on the snake this year at the head of run. Later a older doode came in below parked and walked up the bank to visit. He told me I was in a great run, but parked in the front where another so called "Legend" liked to fish, skate dries- He said if he were to see me there he'd chew my arce- I told him, if he were to show up , and chew my arce, it would certainly not be worth it for him, and when I was done with my rebuttal, he most surely would change his behavior pattern. It's way past time that guys get over themselves with this I'm a hotshot fly steelhead guy and way better than the rest , and can tell everyone else what to do and not to do on the river. Be cordial, and communicate , and if you find someone who simply can't be dealt with fairly , simply turn and go to the next run. Before you fire up the boat, do be sure to look back and make sure they make it out of the river though...:thumb:

2. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I don't get the problem, I watch other anglers fish once in a while to see if I can learn anything.. He may of thought you would be more bothered by him interrupting you anyways! I've run into more than a few guys who don't want to talk, actually my favorite was an ass I met out in Yellowstone years ago, who wouldn't give me the time of day since I was rockin' ghetto fishin' gear and not the latest and greatest shizz! He was the type of guy who gives flyfisher's a bad name... snotty, arrogant and an a$$!

Oh yeah, next time I see someone fishing I'll play my banjo and the famous song from Deliverence and hollar "Squeal pig boy, squeal!" - that should clear out my spot and I won't have to head upstream a mile or so!

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Frank Moore of the North Umpqua? Come on guys, that's unacceptable.

4. flatheadmatt

flatheadmatt Member

Like I said before. I prefer to fish without an audience, just a personal preference. Im not a snob and I could care less what somebody else is wearing. I just like some alone time on the water from time to time.....

5. Leroy Laviolet

I'd agree, if he chewed your ass, that's unacceptable, we agree-:thumb:
    Might you have been doing the "booty dance" mid river, and that's what caused the chew'n ???:rofl: Conveniently left out a particular Pan ??:rofl::rofl:

6. floatinghat

floatinghat Member

With you on that one! hard to call yourself a steelheader and not know of Frank Moore and what he has done for steelhead.

7. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

I think you should go buy yourself some "whiskey" and mellow out. Sorry pal.

8. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Home Page:
    Probably not going to happen anytime soon... The population of this wider region is 4,087,033

9. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

Have to agree with you on this.

10. Leroy Laviolet

Ok. I'm not a steelheader- I didn't know you had to know certain people to be one .
    Being a "steelheader" is all about who ya know after all, and how much bullshit you can talk about it on the internet, that's the measure of a real steelheader...:ray1:
    Is Frank Moore related to Al Goore ?:confused:

11. James Waggoner

James Waggoner Active Member

Joe Howell and Frank Moore are just a couple of must know names to really appreciate the history and beauty of the North Umpqua. At least to me flyfishing for steelhead is half legend/tradition and half about the fish themselves...and those two halves are really inseperable. The North Umpqua is a river I can drive hundreds of miles to see, not touch a fish and still feel very good about.

12. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Leroy,

No, it isn't about who you know. But being a steelheader is in very large part about what, and a little bit of who, you know about. Not knowing about Frank Moore and the N. Umpqua is to not know all that much about PNW steelhead fly fishing. That's all. If the measure of a steelheader isn't what he knows, then what do you think it is? There's a lot more to this gig than pegging a bead on the SFC you know.

Sg

13. Leroy Laviolet

This would be your quote SG, not mine so you may want to answer, but this statement is exactly my point, it's what ya know, not who ya know . I said I didn't think "who you know" has anything to do with being a steelheader, along with talking the talk on a website. Both prove nothing about ones medal on a steelhead river - Just my thoughts- To each their own-
    Beads rock on the SF rock :thumb:- Stewwy D's my bead pimp ...Golfman's his supplier, Jimmy's my color consultant ...

14. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I never heard of the guy either and I grew up down there. Then again, I ain't very religious either.

15. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member