Swap Caddis life cycle swap

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by sean_k, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Kim Ferris

Kim Ferris left-handed sort of way

extending it a week and getting 2 more tyers works for me, but let's get a couple more replies. some may just have a small window to work with.

k

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

If you all consider extending a week or so I would then enter also...if there is space available. I would need that extra week because I'll just be returning home from the Hoh event and need to tie only during family sleep time. Either way swapmeister and swap tyers, let me know.

3. ifrank

ifrank Peace Love and Fly Fishing

Another week sounds good to me to get a couple more tyers. All your call Sean.

Mumbles- good to see you found your hat... great to see you found your clothes!

Ian

4. Ed Call

ifrank, is that my hat in your avatar...and are you having your horse stomp on my hat?

5. ifrank

This is Steamboat, the emblem of the University of Wyoming, and the State of Wyoming. He was the bucking horse that couldn't be ridden in the 1900's. So, unless your hat is very old, I don't think it is yours.

6. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Ok that works for me we can extend it another week. Also if we can only get eight tyers I am fine with that. So Mumbels and Steeli RU in on this one then?

7. Ed Call

In. No idea what I'll be tying as caddis patterns are varied. I'll try to find something that others are not tying. There is a bead body caddis emerger that is one of my favorite lake flies...are we doing one or two patterns?

8. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Two

9. Ed Call

Check, thanks for the fast response. I'll try to get started tonight or tomorrow...inventory stuff, hit the shop, hit the cellar and get to work. Thanks.

10. steeli

steeli Active Member

I'm in. Probably a caddis pupa and lower water emerger or dry.....if a spot left.

11. Ed Call

Okay, I've checked my books and supplies. I'm going to tie two similar patterns that intrigue me. One is a Poul Jorgensen Hair Wing Caddis. The other is Poul Jorgensen's Delta Wing Caddis. If for whatever reason one proves too frustrating I'll try a really tough looking one called the Henryville Caddis from my G. Randolph Erskine book. I better get to work as soon as the girls are out, these little buggers are going to test my skill and PATIENCE! Thanks for letting me in though, I need this type of challenge to prove that I can stop bying small dries, emergers and midge patterns.

12. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Still looking for one more. I think Im going to close entry for this on say, sunday night if we dont get another person is everyone else ok with that?

13. Kim Ferris

Kim Ferris left-handed sort of way

sunday night is fine with me. just got to know how many to tie.

k

14. ifrank

Sounds good.

15. Ed Call

Okay, so I've been too tired to tie a few days this week but wanted to get going so that I would not have to tie all these up hastily. I'm not a dry fly tyer and if these suck ass I'm sorry but you are getting them anyway. If they will at least float they can be used as strike indicators...

It took me four attempts to get this winged one and three attempts for the hair one. I have some neat rust colored hackles that I think look good, but the colors of the feathers are slightly variable. At least some of the materials and steps are the same so I'll get some good practice. Let me know if I'm wasting my time...

Attached Files: