Cady Lake Manor Closed?!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Van BT's, Oct 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Van BT's

Van BT's Member

P
    It would definitely be interesting to see. I don’t recall seeing any baitfish on my trips down there. Pass has a steady supply of minnows from what I understand. I would think that Cutts need some kind of little fish to eat in order to do well.

2. Bonsai

Bonsai Jerry

Well, I brought this up at the general meeting last night of Kitsap Fly Anglers. It wasn‘t one of our larger meetings, but we did get a lot of questions (interest). Next week is our board meeting and I will bring it up there. So bring this up at your clubs and see what interest there is. It cost roughly $3 a pound to stock the fish. If we were to put 500 one pound fish in the lake it would cost about $1500. I think if we put fingerlings in there it would attract predators like otters, blue herring, hawks and eagles. The lake is small and I don’t think it will “naturally” support a lot fish. I am no biologist and certainly don't have all (any real) the answers. I am not expecting to stock the lake with the trophy fish that Larry was kind enough to put in there. Just some nice size, fun to catch fish. Remember this project would not be just stocking fish. There would be gravel for the road, the outhouse and occasionally whacking back the brush.

3. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

Eagles, osprey and otters are already at the lake. I don't think the outhouse is there anymore since PSFF hasn't help Larry in years. It's really too bad as many of their club members live close enough to fish Cady frequently.
    Daphnia and a minor midge hatch is the main source of food....

4. steeli

steeli Active Member

I fished about a month ago for the first time in a least a decade. Had the lake to self and could see the manor looked pretty buttoned up. Could be wrong but think there was an outhouse there and I dropped a few bucks in the donations box. This day just a small midge hatch an hour or so but water still warm on surface at 60. After and hour or so netted a 15” bow that looked kind of skinny. Then before lunch break saw a big 20”+ fish follow my fly when stripping in to check. Not longer later Ldr'd another nice one on easily in that range and looked healthy. Midday wind really picked up hard but landed a 22” cut but really skinny. My brief excursion would agree with Bonsai about stocking some catchable's. Didn't get sense allot of food in the water; wondered if crayfish there.

5. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Who's picking up the donations? If the B&B is locked up, I have to wonder about the donation box.

6. Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor Lue Taylor/dbfly

Larry still lives there with his dog