Cady lake.... You better read this!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Alexander, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

Monday Feb 14 is my 29th Anniversary! Wow what a lucky and blessed man am I. The beautiful Mrs Brian and I try to get away every year for at least a couple of days. This year she asked where we should go and I mentioned the Coast; we’ve gone there often, or the Hood Canal. She reasoned that Hood Canal would be a place I could fish. She said she just wanted to relax away from home and would bring her sewing machine to use whilst I fished. I couldn’t find any inns on the water so I suggested Cady Lake Manor. After checking out the website she booked Sunday through Tuesday nights. She found out Larry provides quite a dinner menu. He’s a delightful fellow and I am looking forward to chatting with him again. I expect to leave a respectable gratuity. Although no alcohol is available he encouraged us to bring our own. We have some Riesling ice wine for chocolates, and some Syrrah to go with the 14 oz steaks he serves up for $20.

2. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Happy Anniversary. Nice place to spend a couple of days. Larry is a great host!

MB

3. mojo

mojo Member

You guys are pretty lucky to have a place like that to fish. If that was in Utah, you'd be paying $20/ hour and up to fish it. Sounds like Larry is a hell of a guy.
    We fish Strawberry Res. (Utah) a lot and some places just to launch it's $7.50 for a day pass to park and launch. Same with the State Parks, and they're planning on raising the fee even more this year.

4. Brian Miller

GOOD LORD! What a FABULOUS inn! Words can barely describe how nice this place is. He even surprised us with roses! Cady Manor really does deserve an outing. I'm going to ask if the club wants to do a weekend.

5. Scott Salzer

Brian:

As for the fishing?

MB

6. Brian Miller

(hmm... nowhere to hide)

My angling prowess is aptly illustrated by the avatar and my record at Cady remains intact; zero for three. It was stormy and cold. I had two strong tugs and saw two slashing rises by good sized fish leaping clear of the water. However the waiting arms of my beautiful wife of 29 years whom I love dearly, in the luxury of Cady Lake Manor, along with Larry's delightful, engaging personality and superb gourmet culinary talents proved more than adequate consolations. And afterwards I quizzed Larry who revealed what to me seems his somewhat unorthodox technique for winter lake fly angling that I am eager to get back out to try.

7. Scott Salzer

"Stormy & cold" - sounds like you made the right choice.

MB