Callibaetis Mayfly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by dryflylarry, Feb 28, 2008.

1. seanengman

seanengman Trout have no politics

In the mail as of 1130. Feels good to be done.

2. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

My digital camera pooped out today while fishing for SRC. So, I guess I will have to borrow one to take photos of our masterpieces!

By the way, I have beached about 30 SRC on three different trips this week with at least 8 fish from 16-17 inches. Been awesome... A new fly I tie called the "Popsicle Stick". :)

3. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

Sounds like you have the SRC dialed in:thumb:... my bean bag callibaetis emergers are in the mail. Send me a pm about the "Popsicle Stick" if you care to share. Always looking for a new pattern.

4. dryflylarry

OK----First arrival in the mail from seanengman is the World Famous "Biot Body Callibaetis Spinner". It's a Dandy! Thanks. Think I'll keep them all. hehe. :thumb:

5. GUZ808

GUZ808 New Member

Its in the mail

6. seanengman

Those biot bodied flies are the bee's knees man. I just started tying with biot and love it. I have friends that raise peacocks and peahens, so I get lots of feathers. Not to mention the hundreds of turkeys that roll through their yard each day.

7. dryflylarry

You are quite the character seanengman! Too funny. I bet you are a good fly fisherman. Those biot bodied flies are the "bee's knees" for sure.

OK- Today I received GUZ808's nice little nymph pattern. These are the "Bee's Knees" as well!!! KEEP'UM COMING!!

:thumb:

8. seanengman

No, man, I'm not a good fly fisherman... I just wave my stick in the air and look good doing it.

9. dryflylarry

I know the deadline is not until March 22, but you guys might want to hurry up after you see Mike Wilson's "Bean Bag Callibaetis Emergers" I received in the mail tonite. They are superb and look deadly!! Now I need to know how/what Mike ties them. They are great and I bet fish great too. Thanks Mike. I'll send your extra cash back and thanks for the fly! I'll send you a "Popsicle Stick" also. :thumb: And, as seanengman says, "They're the bee's knees"!

10. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

I finally found a good use for pantyhose....if you need some bean bags I have a billion. Let me know I will send you some to play with. I am not too sure what a bees knee looks like, but I will take it as a compliment.

11. dryflylarry

UPDATES- My Grizzly Bear Hair-Rib Callibaetis Parachutes are completed!!!

That means there are 6 more of you ACE FLY TIERS out there to complete your assignment! I'm off chasing steelhead just for the day tommorow at the Hoh. No fishing for you guys....Just Tie! Ha! :p

12. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

My emergers are finished and will be wigglin' your way on Monday!

13. GUZ808

GUZ808 New Member

Isn't that what most of us do anyways.

Well as far as the nymph pattern I sent, I'm not sure what the heck its called:confused:

GUZ

14. dryflylarry

Scottflycst Emergers came wigglin in today in my mailbox! That's because they ARE ALIVE! Very nice. You will all be quite pleased. Perfecto!

Can you tell me what the wing case is made of? White dubbing or what? And thanks for the extra complete set. Wow!

OK. Keep'um coming. DEADLINE is Saturday, but I'll probably be at the Fly Show in Port Townsend. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

15. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

Larry,
    Wingcase is white CDC pulled over the thorax. I'll send you the recipe. The design is not mine, I saw it somewhere (don't remember) probably in a magazine. When trout are feeding on Callibaetis at or near the surface it's a killer pattern. I've had really good action on E. WA lakes with that style and color.