Camping on Orcas

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Fishful Thinking, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Fishful Thinking

Fishful Thinking Member

We'll be camping at the state park over the long upcoming weekend, and we'd like to get into some fish. Anybody know about the opportunities there? We're not picky, and we're equipped for anything from dunking worms for stockers to flyfishing on the beach and anything in between.

2. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

3. East Fork

East Fork Active Member

Cascade Lake in the lower part of Moran State Park has some nice trout that hold in the deep water next to the rock walls at the North end of the lake. Plan on fishing deep, 60+ feet, making this more of a bait thing than a fly rod fishery. Smaller trout can be picked off with a fly rod during the evening rise. The outlet on the West side has sunfish that can also be a kick at dusk on a fly rod.

4. fishkisser99

fishkisser99 Member

Rarely fish those lakes in August, but hit Mountain yesterday to remind myself why. Too many hikers talking at the top of their lungs, babies crying, and whooping teens splashing around the rope swing. Stuck to trolling a muddler and caught few fish, and only one over 14". Nowhere near as relaxing or as exciting as Spring...

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/CountyLakeList.aspx?id=27

--mja

5. earlsmith

earlsmith Member

Hike into the twin lakes on the trail that leaves the mountain parking area, better yet, if your into packing a cheap float tube with you.........you will have to beat them off with a stick....from someone who lived there, and I do that trip once a year still........little twin and big twin

6. Fishful Thinking

Fishful Thinking Member

Great response, guys, thanks. I'll be sure to post if I actually get any fishing done.

Rich